Chapter Four - March

"Crazy how you want to walk slow when I want to play a game."

She looked up from her phone momentarily when I turned to her.

"Aight. My bad."

She said holding her hands up defensively then catching up with my pace.

After being at Dave & Busters for a half hour, DJ got pulled into her phone. After being out with her enough times I knew that meant she might have to leave. Before that happened though I at least wanted her to be present with me.

"Ooo. Hold up."

I kissed my teeth, turning and whining a little when she stopped at a different game.

"DJ.."

"Just really quick baby."

I walked next to her, watching as she swiped her card. The chances of her pulling the lever and landing on the biggest prize were slim to none.

"You're not even gonna win the thousand tickets."

"Yes I am."

"Yeah okay."

She looked at me quickly and smiled before she turned back to the game. The wheel spun and it landed on 15. I scoffed a little then rolled my eyes when she swiped her card again. This time it landed on 30 and she wasted no time swiping her card again.

I leaned my head back, groaning internally knowing we would be here until she ran out of coins. It landed on 15 making her groan and pull her ringing phone out as she swiped the card again.

Hearing her go off about someone who owned her money as she missed a thousand tickets by an inch so she won four only pissed her off more. She spun the wheel again, landing on thirty again as she hung up.

"You're gonna hit a thousand tickets before you hit the thousand ticket notch."

"Shut up."

I chuckled at her as she pulled the lever again but nothing happened.

"Eager much? You gotta swipe the card first genius."

She put her lips in her mouth making me laugh again as she swiped the card. It barely spun making her smack her teeth as it slowed down and landed on the one thousand notch.

"How'd you do that?"

She continued to stare at the machine, shocked as well but smiling.

"I don't know but I want to try it again."

"Hell yeah."

She swiped the card as I added on.

"You have to be accurate as hell this time."

She scoffed turning to look at me and not looking away as she pulled the lever. I rolled my eyes, turning back to the machine and watching it land on the line between four and a thousand. We both looked at the small screen and watched as it counted to a thousand again.

"How did you cheat the system?"

We both laughed before she repeated the process three more times; each time landing on a thousand tickets. The fourth time she spun it, the pin landed on fifteen, so she decided to leave it alone.

"I hope you know we not leaving until I play my mini bowling game."

"Who said we was leaving?"

"You telling me that wasn't T calling for you?"

She smirked when I looked to her and we started walking towards my game.

"T?"

"It's either Tae or Tray and you only catch a attitude when they ask for you and you with me."