Chapter 1.8: 'The Wild Dragon Proud Days' 1.8

"Oh..." Several muffled groans sounded as three men dressed in black clothes spitted out blood on the ground.

Nangong Ao, who was upright in the main seat of the room, looked gloomily at the three corpses beneath him.

This was already the third wave of these black-clothed men trying to infiltrate the Nangong residence. In addition, the surroundings of Nangong mansion were often filled with spies disguised as peddlers or commoners.

Qin Yu, released his hand from the side of a small table and slightly knocked on top of it several times with his fingers, "It seems Qin Yan has already fixed his attention on us and in that case, it's better to take this opportunity to let his suspicions come true. I will destroy his believe that I'm dead, I'd love to see his face when he finds out I've been alive all this time."

Nangong Ao pondered for a moment, then he lightly nodded. Indeed now the time was ripe, the long awaited moment to deal an unprepared blow to Qin Yan—finally here.

Thinking to this point, Nangong Ao couldn't help but give Qin Yu a glance. From the beginning Qin Yu showed his incomparable intelligent mind and accurate understanding of the situation, while they were scheming. It could be said that at present, Qin Yu had everything he needed to seize this opportunity.

His grandson was so talented, so his beloved daughter in heaven was probably also feeling very gratified.

Nangong Ao stood up from his seat, he took out the commander in chief seal from his bosom, and handed it over to Qin Yu. He was confident, he could entrust all of his army to Qin Yu.

He didn't want his grandson to hide under his wings, while he was fighting over the throne. None of the children in their Nangong family was to be a weak or cowardly individual. Moreover, he believed that with Qin Yu's ability, he would certainly be able to commands the army properly.

Qin Yu immediately stood up and received the commander in chief seal with both hands. With serious expression, he faced Nangong Ao and said: "Thank you, grandfather. Your grandson absolutely will not disappoint you."

Nangong Ao didn't reply and just laughed heartily as he patted Qin Yu's shoulder. He repeated the word 'good' three times.

On that day, the gigantic dragon that had been in hibernation for many years finally started to fly swiftly upwards.

All this time he had stayed hidden in the dark, but from this day onwards, he would make his appearance.

......

Li Luo squatted in front of a flowing stream. He picked up a handful of water, and wiped his face. After which he lowered his head down, brought the stream water in front him and drank a few mouthfuls.

He stood up and removed the armor on his body, which were followed by his clothes. Since he had started following Qin Yu to war, he hadn't taken a bath for many days. Now, that they finally set up camp near a water source, he had to seize this opportunity to take one.

Although it was still afternoon and sun hang high in the sky, but there were groups of people who would come led by skillful individuals so there was nothing to worry about.

The insensitive Li Luo felt nothing as Qin Yu came up behind him. However Qin Yu face immediately darkened when he saw Li Luo state.

Li Luo had already revealed his fair and beautiful back. That very sight made Qin Yu's eyes turn red.

Had it not been the time yet, he would've already rushed over to carry Li Luo on his shoulder to his tent, where he would properly punish him the whole night. He would've made him cry under his body and have him vow to never again take a bath in a place where others might see him.