thirteen.

MUSIC: NOTHING ELSE MATTERS // METALLICA

  Everyone stood in the small hallway that separated levels six and seven and attempted to catch their breaths, wishing they had a new supply of food and water right now. Mostly everybody was silent, excluding Louis who had been repeating “I killed him” over and over under his breath with her glossy eyes glued on the dirty floor. Rocky had never felt such agonizing heartbreak in her life to look at him this way, for she was no longer concerned about him breaking in here and losing himself before death.

Such a tragic event had already occurred. Despite his heart beating, he was already gone. And she knew that he’d never be back. And coming to realization with such things is truly agonizing.

“What’s gonna happen next? I know you know,” Harry turns to Jazlyn.

 “All I could say is make sure you physically fit right now, hope you did well in gym class,” she answers.

“Kind of difficult for me, I don’t know if I could get up,” Michael says, who is laying on the ground in pain.

 “I’ll help you,” Harry says, grabbing Michael’s hand and pulling him upwards. Michael just falls back over, his eyes welling up with tears at the pain.

 “Can you help me carry him? Rocky and I aren’t physically strong enough, Louis and Ashton aren’t even here emotionally anymore,” Blaise says sadly.

Harry cringes at her words, not wanting to accept such facts. He picks up Michael immediately and hopes Blaise doesn’t continue, cringing even more at how light Michael is. He practically threw him over his shoulder with one hand.

 Louis, Ashton, and Michael could no longer defend themselves or others, considering two of them had gone completely insane and one was physically going to drop dead any minute. Rocky was going to help Louis while Harry carried Michael and Blaise helped Ashton. Blaise wishes she could help her dying boyfriend but Harry was physically stronger so everything made sense.

 Three columns opened up in the room, all of them dark at first so that they couldn’t see what was ahead of them. Harry carried Michael on his back (ignoring the whip pains on his back because the emotional pain at the moment was far more severe) while Rocky held Louis’ hand tightly in a failed attempt to calm him down and Blaise held Ashton’s wrist with both hands to prevent him from running out in search for Raul. Everyone knew that Ashton was no match for him, but Ashton was not mentally stable and his rage, resentment, and disbelief had got the best of him.

“Every pair’s job is to get to the end. Very simple. When the whistle blows, you go. Alright?” Jazlyn explains. Everyone nods.

 “Good luck everybody,” Rocky says sadly.

 “Good luck to you to,” Harry replies.

 “Please be careful Blaise. I love you and I’ll see you on the other side,” Michael says.

 “Hopefully not literally,” Rocky adds, being ignored.

 “You too. I love you,” Blaise tells Michael, and then the whistle blows.

Rocky and Louis, Column 1

“C’mon baby, we’re just going to get through this thing and we’ll be out,” Rocky says, breaking into tears just in the desperation of wanting her Louis back.

 “You need to get through. I’m an evil killer, you aren’t safe around me,” Louis says, the first time he’s said words besides ‘I killed him’ in hours.

 It would be easier for Rocky to yell at Louis with extreme frustration, for she knew the old Louis would be highly annoyed at this Louis for being so angry at himself for an accident that occurred in his heroic act. However, everything that occurred had made Louis mentally ill, and Rocky understood that. So she had to be patient and come to terms with herself that old Louis was dead forever.