Chapter 9 - Double Date - pt2

BETTY'S POV

We arrived at pops at quarter to 6 and saw no sign of Veronica and Reggie. I took Jughead's hand and lead him over to booth 9.

As we sat down next to each other, Jug slung his arm around me and we saw Reggie and V walk in. Veronica looked way too excited for whatever this thing would turn out to be and Reggie looked the same. Instead of walking, the both of them started basically running towards us. Children.

"Hi Betty!" Reggie exclaimed, less out of breath than Veronica.

"Hiya." I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Don't sass me missus!" He joked.

"I will sass you. Don't talk to me like that Reginald Mantle!" I joked back.

"Woah-Woah-Woah. Wait. How did you know my full name?"

"A little birdie told me."

"Ronnieeeee." He whined as he sat down next to his girlfriend.

With that the conversation was finished; we all laughed for awhile. As soon as the humour died down Jug said,

"Anyways. Hi."

"Hi to you too." Veronica said.

"Hey" said Reggie.

————

After ordering our milkshakes and some fries to share we all talked for awhile, with occasional chuckles and jokes. We spoke about how we all met each other and told stories of what we had done together.

————

After a short while of silence, Reggie turned to the rest of us and said,

"Why don't we play a game?"

I liked the idea of it, obviously depending on the game. Jughead seemed to agree with me by the expression on his face.

"So like, truth or dare? Never have I ever?" V said.

"No. Like.. 5 years."

"What?" Me, Jughead and V said in unison.

"So you explain where you see yourself in five years. Kinda like who, what, when, where, why." He explained.

"Okay then." Jughead said. "You can go first." He nodded at Reggie.

"Sure. So, I'll be at UCLA, playing for the varsity football team. I'll be working hard to attempt going pro and playing football in the leagues." He said.

"Good one. I'm next. I'll be in New York, coming out with my new clothing line for the business I own. Your turn Jughead."

"Okay, Easy. I'll be with you." He said, turning his head to and moving closer to me flirtatiously.

I turned my head to him and found myself locked in a gaze with his eyes. I couldn't pull out of it, as if he was compelling me.

"Okay. okay. Enough with the heart eyes." Reggie joked.

This snapped us out of our trance.

"Need more info Jug. That's boring." Veronica said playfully.

"Ugh, Fine. I'd be with Betty, In riverdale. We would have both finished college and university early and Betty would be a journalist at the Riverdale Register. I myself, would be a creative writing teacher. We would own a house around the size of yours current Betty, but it would be nearer to the Southside."

"Wow." I said. "That sounds perfect."

————

"Betty. Bettyyyy!" Veronica said.

I must have been trapped in a gaze again. But I only broke out of it when Jughead put his hand just above my knee to get my attention.

"God, sorry." I said while we all laughed.

"Ughhh. I don't think I can top Jughead's." I said.

"Nothing you'd change about it Betts?"

"Well, I guess, maybe that would be my ten years from now. In five years we would still be in uni. And we would live in an apartment together."

Jughead smiled at me and I noticed Veronica and Reggie doing the same. I chuckled and everyone burst into laughter, not too loud though.

————

The whole Double Date was a great idea and as me and Jug left we thanked her Veronica. Reggie said he wanted a little more alone time with V and I had to get home, so we left them be.

————

Jug had insisted on walking me home. Though, it was pitch black.

As we walked through the dark streets of Riverdale we did not talk. I didn't need to and neither did he. We just needed each other; walking to my house at whatever ungodly hour it was, hand-in-hand.

As we got back to my house Jughead pulled me into a hug.

"See you tomorrow Betty." He said.

"Bye. I love you. Thanks for coming tonight." I said, not being able to help myself.

"I love you too. And I wanted to come. Bye." He said.

We both started walking in our different directions, but I turned around and Jughead had done the same. I gave him a smile and wiggled my fingers in a wave.

I couldn't wait to see him again.

Notes:

This chapter is a little short because it's one of two parts, sorry.

Also sorry that this is absolutely horrible.

And sorry if Jughead comes off as kinda passive aggressive towards anyone. He's not. Everything he says that sounds that way is said jokingly.

Oh and sorry that this is really fast paced.

Aghhhhhh I hate this so much help me.