three

Petty, the guards and Miles left the room in an uncomfortable silence, but Y/N wasn't willing to break that silence any time soon. She would let George approach the subject first. And it didn't take him long.

"What do you think you're doing, accusing me and my trusted followers of faking letters?"

The queen huffed a sigh and steadied herself against the desk, closing her eyes for a moment to collect herself and not snap at George.

"I thought you knew better than to do this, George. Apparently you don't."

"Knew better than to do what? Mother, you do need to elaborate your train of thoughts, I'm not quite sure I'm able to follow."

The queen couldn't stop the short laugh that left her throat, resulting in the frown that etched itself onto George's features.

"Why are you laughing?", he questioned, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly.

George's blue eyes meet hers, which seem to sparkle in the lighting of the room. It fascinated George how his stepmother could look so youthful and yet so aged at the same time, while she was barely twenty-six years old, George himself having turned twenty just a couple of months ago.

"You are truly the greatest imbecile I've ever come to cross paths with," Y/N said, standing straight, the letter now carelessly thrown onto the desk before her.

"How dare you insult me like that?"

"I am your mother, aren't I?"

"I am your king!"

"You are not and never will be king! Get that into your head!"

"Get out of my throne," George commanded, his voice calmer than the storm raging inside of him, his anger reflected in his eyes.

And Y/N had the nerve to send a sly smirk his way "It's my throne, George. I can stay here as long as I want. And you can bet that I will be here for a long time, until the day I die."

George almost let out a snarl, stepping closer to the queen so that barely an inch parted them. He could feel her hot breath against his throat as she smirked up at him, his glare trying to pierce into her soul.

"Then let us pray that you live long enough to fulfill your duties, your majesty."

And so he turned around to leave.

He was almost at the door, when her soft voice called "Oh, George, would you be a dear and call Charlotte in for me? Thank you."

George couldn't hate her more than in this moment. Charlotte was his younger sister and now, with Y/N still on the throne, he knew that she favored her to become the next one to be seated on his throne and wear his crown.

And he did not like that thought at all.

-

"Hmm, where could she be?"

The little girl covered her mouth with her hand, trying hard to stifle a giggle. After all, she didn't want to be found.

An exasperated sigh came from around the corner and the girl almost bit her lip just to keep herself quiet.

"What will I tell her father when I don't find her? 'Hey man, I'm sorry, I lost your daughter?'"

This was truly the most fun she's had in ages. But with her uncle, every day is fun. 

Careful to be quiet, the girl turned to the side so she could crawl further away from the man searching for her.

"Where else could I look?"

Alexander Hamilton smirked to himself, before he jumped onto the couch, leaning over the back to see his niece on the ground, and yelled "GOT YOU!"

Frances squealed and scrambled to get up, running from her uncle, who was quick to roll himself off the couch and run after her.

The girl giggled loudly as she ran through the house, chased by Alexander.

Eliza, standing in the doorframe of the living room to check what the source of the commotion was, just sighed, shaking her head with a small smile.

"Pip!"

The boy looked up at the sound of his voice, watching as his cousin came running towards him, his father behind her, acting as though she's too fast for him to catch her. Though, with her short legs, it should take only two or three long strides of Alexander to catch up.

Frances hurled herself at her cousin. He was only three years older than her, but they were as close as if they were siblings.

Philip let out a helpless squeak as the four year old tackled him, turning to hold him like a shield in front of her, to save herself from Alexander.

Alexander laughed and just picked up both children - as if they weighed nothing. He wouldn't openly admit though, that this was not good for his back, especially not with seven year old Philip. Though this made him sound like an old man.

"Got you!"

Philip frowned "Why did you have to drag me into this?"

Frances only giggled, not bothering to from an actual response. A little fun wouldn't hurt anyone.

Alexander let Philip down, noticing how it for one wasn't good for his own back to carry two children and how Philip was clearly not into it.

Alex carried his niece to her room, Eliza trailing a little behind them so she could help Frances get ready for bed.

As Alex set the girl down to stand on her own and turned to leave, he was stopped by her hand grabbing the sleeve of his jacket.

Turning, he gave his niece a curious look, who asked "When are ma and pa coming back?"

That's right.

John had left the States to go get his girl back.

Alexander gave the girl a soft smile "Don't worry, they'll be back soon enough."

Frances nodded and smiled back at him, obviously convinced by her uncle's words.

Though, when Alexander turned to truly leave, he realized that he wasn't really convinced of that himself.

I'm still alive bitches did y'all miss me?

just so you know, I'm writing my first final in three weeks and I've had lots of stuff to do, prohibiting me from writing. but hey, I got my drivers license aND I'M SEEING PANIC AT THE DISCO IN CONCERT IN THREE WEEKS

hope all of you are doing okay <3