(4) "攻撃"

"Wait, who is this girl?" the girl you just met, Sasha, asked. This time she didn't even bother to hide her surprise, looking at you as if she had just seen a weird specimen.

"Uh... Hi, I'm (Y/N)" you awkwardly said, feeling a bit nervous by her stare.

Maya took a step forward, her arms crossed as she went on to explain the situation. "It may sound weird, but this girl here comes from another world... or dimension, I'm not sure" she went on to explain. "In normal circumstances, I would've never come to you for help, but as you can see, this is an important matter, so..."

"You? Asking me for help? Well, that's certainly new" The girl closed the book, looking slightly amused despite her face not showing a lot of emotion.

"I can assure you that stranger things have happened in Vexlord" Sasha didn't look affected in the slightest, if anything, she looked unfazed after hearing it.

'That's it? This girl knows how to take things welland just what kind of place is Vexlord??'

Konoha giggled softly. "What the tsundere is trying to say, is that she—no, we need your help. I'm sure that you have more knowledge than us, so if we work together, maybe we'll be able to find a way to... You know, travel through space and time?" She said that last part unsure, not having any idea of what she was talking about.

Hannah nodded at her words. "Sasha, help us please"

Said girl let out a soft sigh in defeat. Who could have said no to those puppy eyes anyway?

"While I currently don't know if such thing possible, I believe many people have already tried..." She put on a thoughtful expression before she continued speaking.

"We might find something useful in the third section" the white-haired girl added, then she looked at you. "By the way, I'm Sasha Bloodriver" she briefly introduced herself before immediately going back to business.

As the girls were about to head to another bookshelf, you stayed still, wanting to say something else before beginning the research.

"Wait" the four turned to look at you at the same time. " I just wanted to say... Thanks for helping me, girls" you said to the four of them. "I... I owe you a big one" you gave them an honest smile. First time you smiled so brightly since the moment you had arrived there.

You barely knew each other, yet they treated you kindly and offered to help you with no hesitation. It's only normal you felt so grateful and wanted to express your gratitude.

Their cheeks turned a light pink upon hearing your words.

"N-No problem"

"Yeah, we don't mind at all"

"No need to thank us"

"Agreed"

•••

After an hour and a half of reading and looking for books, Hannah had started to doze off so Konoha decided it was time to take a little break. Sasha sighed, but she continued reading her book while Maya tried to wake up the blond haired girl, who ended up falling asleep on a book.

"Come on, wake up lazy fox..." Maya mumbled as she shook Hannah's body.

A yawn escaped from your mouth. You've been reading for a long time —well more like trying, since most of the books were in a different language— so you needed to rest for a bit. Konoha quickly noticed this and she was the one who offered you to take a breath outside and relax.