Chapter 1

Tohru and Kyo walked home hand in hand. Kyo looked away from Tohru to hide the fact he was blushing. Kyo gently squeezed her hand.

If only I could hug her! And not turn into the damn cat! Kyo thought frustratedly.

He looked back at Tohru to see her on the verge of tears.

"Hey, didn't I tell you if you have something on your mind, say it," Kyo said with a bit of annoyance but was then reduced to a soft tone.

"I-it's just I really don't want you to be upset that you can't hug me..." Tohru explained with a build-up of tears in her eyes.

Kyo wrapped her in his arms and just before he transformed he said: "don't cry..."

Tohru held Kyo's cat form tight in her arms, Kyo started to purr which bring happiness to Tohru. She picked up his clothes and schoolbag but was careful not to hurt Kyo. Tohru walked slowly back to Shigure's house with Kyo in her arms.

He fell asleep in Tohru's gentle warm arms. When she got to the front of the house Shigure leaned back in his chair and welcomed her and Kyo home, but then noticed Kyo sleeping in her arms and smiled before getting back to his writing, otherwise, his editor would kill him!

Tohru walked upstairs to Kyo's room, which was only down the hall from hers. She walked in his bare room and laid him down gently in his bed and put the blanket over him before kissing Kyo's cat form on the forehead.

Tohru folded up Kyo's school clothes and placed them, as well as his bag, on top of his drawer. She walked out of his room and went to her room. She laid down on her bed, face down. I hope Kyo sleeps well.... Tohru thought while drifting to a light sleep. Oh, wait if Kyo transforms he won't have clothes on and he'll be really cold, since its winter. I'll bring him another blanket in case. Tohru slowly raised her sleepy self out of bed and took her blanket off her bed and walked to the sleeping ginger's room. Tohru opened the door and searched for the light switch with her hands because it was too dark to see. She turned the light on and picked her blanket up again. She kneeled next to the sleeping Kyo, who already transformed back to his human self. The blanket Tohru put on him earlier wasn't covering all Kyo's body....

It was only covering his waist down, but his chiselled chest and muscular 6-pack were exposed to the cold.

Tohru blushed. She softly touched his chest and stomach before covering him in her own blanket, before she left she placed a soft kiss on his lips.