23

Chase calls out just as I make it past him and the rest of the guys

Chase calls out just as I make it past him and the rest of the guys. One of them pauses the game and Chase's outburst causes every single pair of eyes to dart towards me. Feeling uncomfortable with the attention, I look down, relaxing slightly when I feel Lexi wrap her arm around me.

"Don't you dare embarrass her like that. She can wear whatever the fuck she wants and you can't say shit about it." Lexi snaps at her boyfriend and I feel terrible for putting them in this position.

"I can go ch―"

"No," Lexi says at the same time that Chase says "Yes". She raises a challenging eyebrow and he backs off.

"Sorry, Rory. Be safe." Is all he says before we walk out the door. A cab is already waiting for us outside the house and I sigh a breath of relief to be away from all that testosterone.

"Lexi I'm sorr―"

"Don't apologize. Chase has no control over what you do or what you wear. You're an adult, he should treat you like one." She says gently and I smile at her.

"Thank you," I say quietly, hugging her as the girls start talking about tonight. I hear a few warnings but they tell me that we're going to have tons of fun and I believe them.

We arrive at a large house party that is already in full swing and we pay the driver before getting out. I hear some whistles coming from some guys loitering about in the yard but we ignore them. A few people greet Lexi and Faye as we step inside.

Kiki and I follow the girls to the kitchen, where they mix drinks and hand us each a red cup full of something. I smell it and smile when I catch the scent of something fruity. I take a sip and the sweet liquid coats my mouth, not bitter like the beer that I tried before. I eagerly drink more and Lexi stops me.

"Easy there, take your time with it." She says gently, making me a new one as I had almost finished my first one. We chat and finish up our drinks before agreeing to dance. Faye, Kiki, and I all have an advantage but Lexi's confidence puts her right there with us. We sway and laugh and I feel myself tripping over my feet a few times, causing giggles to come out of all of our mouths.

"Hey, let's go sit for a minute." Faye says and we all nod. I can't stop smiling and Kiki links her arm through mine as we follow the girls through the house. We pass someone who invites us to join a game going on upstairs and we agree, the four of us following her.

We join a room that currently holds about eight people. Six guys, and only two girls. I assume they wanted our group to join for even numbers. Each of these guys stares at us like food but the rest of the girls either don't notice or choose to ignore it. I just continue giggling and sit down with my legs folded to one side, draping my jacket over my lap.

My eyes widen when I spot Maddox sitting directly across from me, his eyes already on mine. Quickly looking away, I ignore him once again. He just had to be here. "So we're going to be playing Never Have I Ever because we want to hear all of your dirty secrets." One of the guys says mischievously and sits down in the circle. "But this game has a twist. We will be saying things that we have done, and you drink if you haven't done it." I try to pay attention to his instructions as I've never played before. "I'll start off easy. Never have I ever had sex."