Chapter 1: New World, New Rules

A/n: This story is a first for me, as it's an actual Fanfiction. Now, I've dabbled in writing on other sites before, but I believe that this is the best place to post this story. As I just mentioned, this is a first for me, so please be constructive when needed. I've taken a bit of inspiration from CalculativeCadaver's A Universe Apart, but don't expect it to start or end the same way. Other than that, enjoy this story!

(Ferrous' POV)

I woke up, the last remnants of sleep trying to pull me back into my bed. I managed to get up from bed and I got ready. Got breakfast, grabbed a change of clothes, and went to take a shower. My showers were always a bit too long, but I couldn't help it. Afterwards, I changed into a simple design of a broken moon, with pieces of it slowly drifting away. It was a simple and subtle reminder of a show that I held close to me, RWBY. It wasn't my favorite, but something about the creativeness behind the show really caught my interest. I was almost drawn into the thoughts of being in the show and taking part in those insane adventures.

I had always pleasured the idea of fighting Grimm, exploring the world of Remnant, and becoming a Huntsman. I thought about this every now and again, always having some sort of idea of what I would do. But, I knew that I had to put those thoughts to the side for now, or... at least I thought I did, until a feeling of sudden urgency came across me, and I found myself surrounded in a strange... fog? I was fearful for a moment, as a voice echoed throughout as if it were surrounding me.

Ferrous: H-hello?

???: There exists a world of boundless potential, one where the strings of fate are open for anyone that can grab onto it. A world of adventure and danger, of light and dark. Ferrous Olin, I sense potential inside you, not of power, but of change. Your potential is not something I wish watch go unused. Instead, I will grant you the ability to change fate, and to do that, which you are truely capable of.

Ferrous: What? What is this place? Who are you?

???: This is the place between worlds, acting as a bridge from one to the other, and the other world is one that you may know of. The world of Remnant?

Ferrous: Yeah, that's good and all, but that still doesn't answer who-

I froze for a moment, quickly thinking over what the voice had just said.

Ferrous: Did... you just say... Remnant?

???: Yes, Remnant, one with a moon much like the one you wear.

I glanced back down at my shirt to see the shirt I had just put on.

Ferrous: Yeah... right...

My reply sounded empty, but inside, I was about to burst at the seems in excitement.

Ferrous: So... uh... when do I get to... you know... go?

???: (soft laugh) I can tell you are eager to begin, but you're body in it's current state would not last very long. I will grant your body the abilities of any regular human on Remnant, including an Aura and Semblance.

Ferrous: uh... do you know what my semblance is?

???: In due time, you shall discover it. This is your journey, afterall.

Ferrous: Right...

A soft, almost pink glow surrounded me, and suddenly, I felt much more... energetic? Other than that, i felt completely the same.

???: Now it is done. Soon you will awaken to your new life. With hardships, opportunities, and adventure all ahead of you.

Farewell and good luck...