Listening

While hanging out with Mel you heard Toriel talk to Ganz about 'not letting Frisk or you to go downstairs and out the door to the underground' you even heard your dad ask why you cause your a monster also. But Toriel just said 'just for safetly reasons but since you're her dad you can choose'. You then walked up to your dad and said, ''dad, whats this about not going out there?"

Your dad said, "cause me, and Undyne are looked at as traitors cause we were trying to help a human child live, out there".

You said,"did they live?"

Your Dad looked down, frowned and said, "I can't say".

You said, "okay".

Your Dad walked away, then as soon as he was in the hall, Mel lightly put a hand on your head and said, "if you want to know the true reason why your dad couldn't say, come with me if you want the reason".

You said, "alright, so there a true story to it?"

Mel nodded and said, "come with me".

Mel lend out a hand, once you took it. It was dark around you and Mel. You looked around and said,  "what's this place?"

Mel said, "The tree of your dad's sins". 

You said, "oh!, So dad done a lot of inappropriate things?"

Mel face planted in his hand and said, "no, these's are past mistakes, and his mistreatments of others that still hunt him still to this day".

You then said, "why was I never told of this before I was sent to the surface?" 

Mel looked at you and said, "would you if you were him, plus it can be hard to hold past things you've done especially if they hunt you". 

You then said, "ya, I can see that". 

Mel said, "good, shall we carry on?" 

You nodded and said, "yep" 

Mel said, "okay, the reason why your dad looked at as a traitor from the underground is cause he was helping a human child named Jean live. But since the king been using human souls to make a weapon to destroy the world is all I know, there isn't much information as to why but all humans get killed if they get caught". 

You said, "but I ain't a human, would that mean I'm safe?" 

Mel said, "yes, just as long as you don't reveal your Ganz's daughter and your uncle is Papyrus cause I don't know what's gonna happen if you reveal your uncle is Papyrus but it's better not to say it for safety reasons".

 You said, "okay".

Then Mel teleported you both back, you saw your dad standing inbetween you both with his arms crossed not looking impressed.

He said, "Mel, what were you 2 doing?"

Mel said, "just talking to Y/N about something".

Your Dad raised an nonexsitted eyebrow and said, "about what?"

Mel then said, "a secret we're sharing that you can't know"

Your dad then walked away but had that 'I got an eye on you' look. Once he had walked away you, and Mel went to do your own thing.

You decided to talk to your Dad just so you both could learn about each other. Your Dad was outside the ruins. He seemed to be freaked out a bit, so you asked, "Dad are you okay?"

Your Dad smiled and said, "yep, everything alright".

But you saw your Dad scared, so you hugged him and said, "no your not fine I can see it".

Your Dad hugged you back and said, "well I'm glad your my kid".

You said, "why?"

Your Dad said, "just cause I love you, but what are you doing out here?"

You said, "I wanted to get to know you, I don't even know about you. So I thought we could get to know each other".

Your Dad said, "well okay, hmmmm. Do you like mayo?"

You smiled and said, "yep, I strangly eat it straight out the bottle, I get a lot of glares from that."

Your Dad smiled and said, "me to, well good thing I ain't the only one".

Through the whole 2 hours you, and your Dad were asking questions to get to know each other even random questions whenever you couldn'think of any. Then after question asking you said, "Hey Dad, do you think I can be able to walk around the underground?".

Your Dad froze for a moment and said, "W-why?"

You said, "well, I'm a monster plus they've never seen me before so I'll be safe, right?"

Your Dad said, "ehhh not really, cause out there, there's a law that all monsters have to attack  humans on sight, and if you don't you'll be classified as a traitor".

You said, "but why?, Plus sometimes not all humans are jerks. It's just like the world a half will be nice, another half will be jerks, and a half are netural".

Your Dad said, "I know, but it's a heavily placed law by the king. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do but if you want to go out there we will place some rules you'll have to follow".

You said, "like what?"

Your Dad said, "well rule 1# is be back here before dark, rule 2# don't say you're my kid to anyone 3# Don't go to your Uncle Papyrus and mention anything about you being my child, I just don't know how he'll react. 4# Do as the rule says or if you don't want to attack just flee and call for help like your scared, 5# and if they ask where you live just say your parents are from the ruins that you just wanted to explore, if they ask who your parents are make up names". 

You said, "okay, can I go right now?"

Your Dad said, "tomorrow you can". 

You said, "alright". 

Then eventually you, and your Dad walked back inside. After some hours it was bedtime, since you didn't have a bed and your Dad didn't want to sleep he let you sleep in his. You even questioned your Dad why but he didn't answer only Mel who said 'your Dad could sleep cause it wasn't good for a distressed skeleton to sleep'. 

You said, 'okay'. Then snuggled in the blankets eventually falling asleep. Once it was morning you wanted to sleep in but felt a sharp finger poking you, you pulled the blankets over you head and curled into a ball to help. But the poking continued with a familiar voice that sounded like Mel's voice saying 'psst Y/N, wake up it's morning. Don't make me wake you up'.

You said, "try it, I dare you".

Mel said, "alright you asked for it".

You heard Mel yell 'CANON BALL!!' and heard him jump. You quickly ran out of bed but had blankets tied to you which caused you to fall down to the ground covered in blankets. A loud thump was heard from you once you hit the ground even heard Mel hit the bed. You were now covered in blankets unable to get out so you said, 

"little help please?"