Snowball Fight | Hamliza

AN: I started this over on my tumblr and figured I would bring this here as well. I will be writing a one shot based off a word. Each chapter title will list the word that the one shot is based off of as well as the ship that is featured in the one shot. 

Day 1 of Kissmas  

Everyone was out in the front yard of the Schuyler's. The fresh snow was now filled with footprints and lines where hands scooped up the icy powder to form snowballs. Shouts filled the otherwise quiet scene as snowballs whizzed through the air. Alexander, John, and Lafayette were on a team against the Schuyler Sisters. Hercules decided to be referee in order to make the teams even.

"Eliza, watch out!" Peggy warned as she noticed that her older sister had gotten in the path of her most recent snowball.

Eliza spun around to face Peggy, about to ask what her younger sister had said when she was met with a face full of snow. She fell to the ground and with a shout, Hercules stopped the game. Peggy ran over to her sister and began to wipe away the snow from her sister's face. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Please don't tell dad."

Alexander had been behind one of the rose bushes when he heard Hercules stop the game. He had been hiding to make an armful of snowballs so he wouldn't have to waste time in stopping to make more. He stood to look out on the yard to see what had happened, eyes widening when he saw Eliza on the ground and Peggy hunched over her. The others had crowded around to make sure that Eliza was okay.

He ran over, pushing his friends aside until he got to Eliza's side. He plopped down in the snow next to Peggy and took Eliza's hand. "Betsey, are you okay? Can you hear me? What happened?"

Eliza groaned and nodded her head. She was just glad that the snowball wasn't mostly ice. "Yeah, I'm fine. Peggy just needs better aim. Help me up, please?"

"Hey! I said that I was sorry!" Peggy exclaimed as she stood up, offering her hands out to her sister.

"I think you've done enough damage, Pegs." Alexander teased her as he nudged her out of the way. He took Eliza's hands and eased her up. "Can you stand?"

Eliza chuckled a bit, leaning into Alexander to try and get some warmth back. "I'm fine, Alex, I promise." She placed a kiss to his cheek.

That made him smile as he wiped the snow from her hair. "I gotta make sure my Betsey's okay since my Peggy wants to be mean to her." He placed a kiss to her forehead, chuckling as he noticed Peggy roll her eyes, before making their way back inside.