xxvii.

xxvii.
article

is hollywood's new heart throb tied down already? what you need to know about timothée chalamet's relationship with pop singer troye sivan's sister

actor timothée chalamet has taken over hollywood recently with his starring roles in the film versions of "call me by your name" and "beautiful boy." he has already claimed the title of youngest person to ever be nominated for an oscar for his breakout role as elio in cmbyn, and has been seen hanging out with a-listers such as the weeknd and selena gomez. more recently, he's broken the internet once more by announcing his relationship with well loved pop singer troye sivan's younger sister cora mellet.

"proud to call this beautiful intelligent woman mine" he writes on twitter, sharing a photo of himself and mellet cozied up next to each other.

many fans were taken by surprise at the sudden tweet, claiming they had no idea chalamet and mellet knew each other. others, however, predicted the blossoming young love months before.

"y'all really thought timothée and cora were just friends lmao we all knew this was coming," one user shared.

another said, "i knew cora and timmy were gonna date the moment he followed her instagram."

but their connection goes farther back than the moment chalamet decided to click the follow button. it all started with cora, and her brother.

cora mellet was thrust into the spotlight alongside her older brother troye sivan at just sixteen years old when sivan released his ep "trxye," which included a song mellet co-wrote. the track, "touch," was a favorite among fans and after finding out that cora had a part in creating it, they followed her on just about every social media site imaginable. she also contributed to tracks on sivan's debut album "blue neighbourhood," including the three heartbreaking songs that make up the infamous blue neighbourhood trilogy. "wild," "fools," and "talk me down," were all written by mellet at age seventeen.

sivan explained in interviews that the track "talk my down" was held closely to his sister's heart and that the music video was based loosely on events in her life. he wanted to give her as much freedom with the trilogy as she wanted since she had created them, but he still was careful about how much it affected her. mellet herself has even explained that she had to step away from the filming process because the ending scenes were more than she could handle.

"i've had people i've been close to and love take their own lives, and i wanted to bring awareness to the tragedy and the mental illnesses behind it," she said while sitting with her brother on the ellen show. "but at some point it hurt too much to even watch, because every time i saw matt standing at the edge of that cliff all i would think about is the person i loved doing the same thing."

in more recent interviews, mellet has opened up about the loss of her boyfriend to suicide and about the writing in these tracks and others that will later be released on sivan's album "bloom." she's grown from this experience and believes it made her stronger, but she admits that she was still closed off to love. after stating that she hasn't had a crush since her last boyfriend, the interviewer asked if she had crushed on any celebrity. mellet blushed and admitted that she had found actor timothée chalamet attractive after seeing "call me by your name" with her brother and his boyfriend.

after this interview was released, fans began to tag chalamet on all of mellet's photos. he never seemed to take much notice this, but sources say he had seen a photo of her and mutual friend ansel elgort and had quickly found her to be beautiful.

"he thinks of cora as the most intelligent woman he's ever come across," the source revealed. "the moment he found out she had met ansel [elgort], he became relentless in finding out as much about her as possible."

however, chalamet never followed mellet until august fifth of this year, when she spent a night hanging out with his ex fiancé rose gallagher. gallagher and chalamet had a very troubling past, including an unplanned pregnancy that led to a miscarriage, and wedding plans that ended in a runaway bride, so the follow came as a shock to fans. people assumed that he would want nothing to do with her or the people she surrounded herself with after she practically left him at the altar. but, after mellet tweeted a screenshot of texts between herself and chalamet, it became clear that he was not trying to reach rose but was in fact trying to connect with her new friend.

since the first twitter thread between the two on august 5th, chalamet and mellet have been spotted out and about together, even posting photos from each others' homes and family members' homes. about one week before their announcement as a couple, mellet was known to be at "call me by your name" actor armie hammer's home, and posted a photo supposedly taken by his wife elizabeth chambers. chalamet was also known to be at sage mellet and troye sivan's home on several occasions prior to the announcement.

though it has only been just a few days since the two got together, we can already tell they're headed for great things.

what do you think? comment below your opinions on their relationship!