l.

l.

she was sat in bed when he walked in.

his lanky figure stayed frozen in the doorway as he took in the hospital room, and as cora took him in. his hair was unruly and he continuously pushed loose curls away from his eyes. gray sweats, loose t-shirt, the first pair of shoes he could find after getting gina's call — in a different setting, cora would have found his appearance attractive. anything her ex-boyfriend did was attractive. but in their situation, all her brain could focus on was how scared she was for him to find out the truth and how much it terrified her to watch him break.

he took in a long breath, catching the strong scent of the flowers piled around the girl. "smells like spring time."

she couldn't help but smile at the reference to their song. "it's a little overwhelming."

"i'll open a window, yeah?" he seemed grateful to move around rather than fidget in one spot for too long. it took him five steps to cover the length of the room and quietly open the window by cora's head.

five steps and he was right next to her.

timothée looked down at her.

"hi," she said, even now her voice was soft and light and just like the first time they met, he was stunned by how one simple word made him aware of her intelligence and the complexities of her brilliancy. even now, he had the same thought he did at their first hello.

"you're fucking beautiful."

"so are you."

and she meant it.

he was the most beautiful person she had ever seen and it astounded her just how deep his attractiveness went. he still had an old soul and his mannerism continued to be gentle. his heart was still worn on his sleeve and he showed her affection in the most simplistic ways yet managed to make them grand in her eyes. even after being mistreated and pushed away and so badly broken, timothée was by her side. his loyalty was his beauty. his safety was his beauty. his grace and unwavering love and gentle ways was his beauty.

an infinite amount of unspeakable things made up the love and beauty and brilliance and grace between them. they filled their hearts and minds with sweet melodies and lyrics that they didn't want to share with anyone but each other. even when a note in their melody was off key, they found a way to work around it and produce a beautiful symphony.

timothée's voice broke through their symphony.

"do you believe in love at first sight?"

her smile grew as she recalled the conversation from their first night together. she remembered his response to her and her own thoughts on the subject, but that was a long time ago. her views had changed so quickly in the time that she had known him. even that night, from the moment they pulled out of her driveway, she knew immediately how deeply she cared for him.

"yes."

the answer was simple yet so powerful. timothée felt tears form in his eyes as cora took his hand, a small droplet falling from her own.

"we can make this work," he said. "we aren't some short term whirlwind romance. we're something real."

"do you know how fast you make my heart race?" she asked.

timothée laughed as he remembered the first night she stayed over and the words he said to her. "we could take some crazy spontaneous trip to italy or we could just lay here and do nothing and you would still have the same effect on me."

she squeezed his hand.

"italy, huh?"

he smiled.

"fucking italy."

FIN.