Chapter 4

Previous from the last chapter

Ron losing his teacher began to fight him. Throwing muggle punches at him.

Hermione almost left her bed, trying to protect the professor but Poppy kept her down as Harry and Ginny pulled him back. Urging that they should leave. That's when all three left infirmary and left. Hermione looking at Professor Snape who didn't fight back found him with a bloody nose and a couple of black eyes.

Hermione looked at him with watering eyes, she had a hard time forgiving Ronald.

Severus, who was looking back at her told her.

“It's alright Granger, don't cry over nothing. I will see you tomorrow."

With that, the potions master left.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A couple weeks passed and Hermione was able to leave the Infirmary for caution. She was excited to get back into her studies. See Professor Snape again. It had been a long while since they saw each other. Her friends Harry and Ron were back at work, chasing dark wizards. Ginny was waiting for Hermione to come back due to missing her friend, but she visited her every day during the last two weeks.

Hermione was lucky to have her, though Professor Snape never left her thoughts. She walked along the Hall towards the Gryffindor Common room where when she entered, she was bombarded by Gryffindor Students.

"Welcome Back Hermione." They all said in unison.

When she saw a glimpse of Ginny she asked.

"What was that for?"

"Well." said Ginny.

"Everybody was worried, even in a small way. So I suggested a little, short get together. Everyone agreed."

Hermione smiled, although she would have preferred just Ginny. Maybe Harry and Ron too, but it was nice.

"Thanks Gin, but I have work to catch up on."

"Okay, see you later."

Hermione walked up the stairs into the girls dormitory, walking towards her trunk to gather her books. As she walked down stairs, everyone but a few students had scattered. As Hermione was half way to the Library when she bumped into someone.

"I'm really sorry, I should have seen where I was going."

"You really should Ms. Granger. I see you are doing well."

Hermione looked up to see Professor Snape, looking down at her with a smug smile.

"P-Professor Snape..." Hermione replied. Her cheeks began to flush, her heart began to beat a little faster. Butterflies within her stomach.

"Yes?"

"I really am sorry, I'm going to the Library to study. I have to go."

With that, the young witch left. Professor Snape's eyes following her.