CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE:THE SALVATORE'S

CHAPTER ONE:
THE SALVATORE'S

There was nothing more Kataline despised more than a corset. Said to keep a lady's posture correct, but all it really did was disrupt a woman's airways. Those who didn't wear them couldn't understand the feeling. Especially the maiden tightening the string with what seemed the most strength she had.

"Please." She seethed through her teeth. "Not so tight." Seemingly ignoring her request, the maiden pulled once more before tying the strings into a loose bow. Kataline released her hands from the bar in front of her, knuckles slowly returning from white to the natural tone.

She flexed her fingers, feeling as though she'd broken them from curling them around the bar so hard for support. She was then helped into a dress with plenty of ruffles that she could suffice without just as there was a knock upon the door. "Are you ready?" Kataline smiled, hearing her sister's voice from behind the wooden door.

"Just about. You can enter." She wrestles with the sleeves of the dress as Katerina entered, light blue dress entering with her and a light yellow shaul hanging around the crevasses of her elbows. Curled hair pinned back with a few strands fallen and a hat atop to finish. She looked beautiful, as she always has.

She chuckled, waving her sister's hands away and she fixed Kataline's appearance. She turned her to the mirror, putting her hair in place. "We must look our best today. First impressions are everything. Especially for these hosts." Katerina smiled to herself, a smile of mischief. One woren almost always.

"Please, Katerina. Don't mess this up for us. We've been running for too long, I just want to stop." Kataline sighed, touching the necklace that rested upon her chest. Katherine, as she requested to be called, pressed her hands to her shoulders as a squeeze of comfort. "I want to stop running too. But I cannot guarantee our safety where we go next. Only hope."

Emily Bennett entered the room, a smile on her face. "The carriage awaits us." She was gone after those few words. Katherine dropped her hands and raised her posture, hands clasped together. Throwing a quick smirk over her shoulder, she nodded her head slightly and walked out the door, Kataline almost tripping over her dress to follow.

The sister's sat opposite to each other, Emily seating herself beside Katherine. The road was bumpy, requiring Kataline to fix her hat everytime the carriage hit something. "How did you manage to get the Salvatore's to let us stay in their home?" Katherine tilted her head, smirk arising. "How I get most things, Kataline." Compulsion. One of a vampire's greatest gifts.

The ride was long, most of it spent in silence. The forest became blurres of green as the carriage gained speed. Katherine and Emily talked low, as Kataline kept her attention on the outside that breezed past them. It really was a beautiful place.