CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO:MAKE A WISH

CHAPTER TWO:
MAKE A WISH

As a week or so passes, the twins found themselves immensely enjoying themselves on the Salvatore's estate. Kataline found herself spending time reading in the garden with the permisson from Mr. Salvatore to choose any book from their library that she fancied.

Her eyes spied over the book and Katherine and Stefan ran, a game of race in the midst as they ran quick turns through the maze. Laughter filled the air as Katherine reached the statue first, teasing Stefan of her winnings. It was then the man made his appearance. His dark hair and blue eyes were distinctive, yet it was the war uniform that really brought on Kataline's attention.

Stefan's eyes lit up immediately, a smile like no other appearing and he almost runs to reach the man with open arms. This was his brother, Damon Salvatore. Kataline closed her book, standing up to walk over to the reunion taking place. "Brother, this is Katherine and Kataline Pierce. They will be staying with us for a while."

Damon smiles to the sisters, Katherine already making her move. "Two of us, two of you. How perfect." She smirks, hands behind her back. Damon looks to Kataline, stepping forward to properly introduce himself. "Damon Salvatore, it's a pleasure to meet you." Bringing my hand to his lips, a quick kiss before doing the same to Katherine, who then walked away.

The brother's gaze followed her, Kataline couldn't blame them. Katherine was the definition of an enigma. She never showed enough of herself to have people really know her. Kataline couldn't help but let people in even if she tried her hardest to not let too much information slip.

They then look to Kataline, standing together. She chuckles, following her sister but not before tossing a few words over her shoulder. "Be careful boys, you're in for a ride."

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Entering the house later that day, Kataline is stopped by the assigned maid given to her by Mr. Salvatore. "Miss Pierce, you must see the dress given to you for the Founder's Day ball just a few days away! It is gorgeous." She gushes. Kataline follows her, confused.

She knew of the upcoming events, being held by the Lockwoods on their gorgeous estate, yet she didn't remember bringing any sort of dress for that occasion. Upon entering her room, she is greeted by the stunning dark purple dress, black lace outlining the ruffles of the dress and black gloves set neatly beside it.

There is a card set by the dress. Kataline opens it, reading the words aloud. "I hope you wear this to the Founder's Day Ball. A little welcome gift to our home. Damon Salvatore." Kataline couldn't help the smile stretching onto her face. The dress was gorgeous. She couldn't decline of course.

"It seems Mr. Salvatore has taken a liking to you, Miss." Kataline brings the note to her mouth, hiding her expression. Here only half a day and already he has caught her attention. Not that she minded. She wasn't going to play mind games. Thank him for the gift and wear it. Nothing more. She needed a straight head if they were to stay here as long as they could.

"Would you like to try it on?" The maid asks and with an excited nod Kataline is helped into the beautiful gown. Minutes later she stands in front of the mirror, admiring the features it brings. A knock yo the door shocks both woman, but the man entering brings a smile to the human's face.

"It looks as gorgeous on you as I imagined." Damon compliments, walking through the door with a smile. "It is beautiful, Damon. Thank you, but you didn't have to."

"Of course I did. Hosts need to make their guests feel welcomed and wanted. I hope this shows it." Kataline nods, smiling happily. "It does. Thank you." Damon nods, bright smile still standing as he leaves the room. Like a school boy with a crush.

The maid gives Kataline a look. "He is absolutely smitten." Kataline waves her off. "Its hardly been a day. He likes the idea of me. There's a difference." Kataline removes the dress and into another, emerging from her room moments later.

She follows behind. "You never know, the longer you stay here the more it may grow." Kataline sighs. It could, but it shouldn't. "I just want to stay here without any issues. My sister is a troublemaker, especially with men around. I want to stay here as long as possible. If that means steering clear of the Salvatore brothers then I will."

Walking away to find Katherine, she runs into Stefan, who's hands graps her arms as they bumped together. "Kataline, you seem in a hurry." She takes a breath, she realizes that maybe she could be friends with them. Woman and men could be friends without the cause of a relationship.

"Sorry, I was just looking for Katherine."

"She is with Damon in the library." Kataline rolled her eyes. "Of course she is." It was mumbled, but Stefan heard it perfectly.

"I could accompany you, seeing as they are busy. Perhaps I could show you around town." She smiles, nodding. "That would be lovely, Stefan." He gave her his arm, leading them towards a readied carriage awaiting their arrival.

"You planned this already?" Kataline teases. Stefan gives her crooked smile. "All in hoping you would accept. After you." He helps her inside before climbing in himself, sitting across from her.

A part of her was sad he didn't sit next to her, but she couldn't think like that. Friends. That's all she could be to them. No attachments. Yet, her bottom lip tucked between her teeth as she looked towards the teenage boy that stared out the window.

Watching the scenery go by in a slow pace, the journey to town was short. Stefan kept an arm in Kataline's reach as they began walking the streets. People gathered by a musician that played the violin. Kataline smiled, swaying lightly to the music. Stefan noticed, taking her hand and spinning her inna quick circle. She laughs, looking to him with a bright smile.

They approach a grassy area, a water fountain displayed in the middle with an angel as the centre piece. Water spurred from it's arrow and into the fountain. Stefan dug in his pocket to find a penny, handing it to Kataline. "Make a wish." She always loved these small, superstitious, children stories. She closed her eyes and turned her back to the fountain, tossing the coin into the air and heard it land into the water.

As always, she only had one wish. One that she didn't know how long it eould be before it came true. If it ever would.

"What did you wish for?" Stefan asks.

"Now if I told you it wouldn't come true, now would it?" Kataline teases, Stefan letting out a breathless laugh. "Alright, Miss Pierce." Stefan counters. Kataline rolls her eyes, ignoring the preking smile on Stefan's face.

"When you were a child, what was your favourite thing to do?" She asks as they began walking towards the quarry.

"Damon and I would always take objects and hide them throughout the house and whoever found it first won. Usually when our father wasn't home. He didn't agree with such childish games." Stefan recalls, a sour look upon his face. Kataline's grio on his arm tightens slightly.

"Katherine and I would always play hide and seek. She always had the best hiding places. She could make me look for almost an hour before she'd finally appear." There was always enough time in the day for that game, yet Kataline found herself never able to hide from Katerina, especially with her feelings. Maybe that was why.

"Looking back on your past can be very sorrowful." Kataline suddenly expresses. "You miss how things used to be, how you wish they could be again. Do you agree?" Stefan smiles sympathetically.

"I feel that there is a past for a reason. Living in the present, the moments that are right in front of us, those are what we should be looking forward to, not dwelling on the past." Stopping to overlook the quarry, Kataline turned to Stefan.

"Beautifully put, Mr. Salvatore." In the rash moment, Kataline brings her lips to his cheek, a chaste kiss pressed against his skin quickly. She sees his skin turn bright red, only for a moment. She smiles, looking to the ground.

《¤ 》《¤》《¤》