CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN:DOPPELGANGER

CHAPTER SEVEN:
DOPPELGANGER

"What do you know about Katherine?!" Kataline got defensive. How could this witch know anything about Katherine, much less her past. Bonnie wanted to keep her mouth shut, but being reminded that this third lookalike of her best friend was just as human, somehow.

She couldn't hurt her.

"Assuming since you have the same last name...she's your sister." Kataline's hands balled to fists.

"Yes, if it wasn't obvious. We're twins. I was just smart enough to never continue my bloodline." Kataline didn't know how to feel about it. Them knowing about her dead sister. Then again looking exactly like someone you'd never met would make her curious as well.

"Enough of the history lesson, just do the damn spell." Kataline didn't want ti think of her sister anymore, it was hard enough to think about the past, much less her sister.

Bonnie looked over the spell, some recognition in her eyes. "It's a powerful spell. I don't have enough magic here to do this." Kataline groaned. "You're a Bennett witch, descendant of one of the strongest witches to ever live, you have the power, you're just too new." Kataline stood up, an instant headache hitting her head.

"God, throw me against a wall but can't do a spell. Maybe I do need to pay a visit to New Orleans." She swpied the paper from Bonnie's hands. "Thanks for nothing, newbie." Kataline stalked out, never letting Bonnie get a word in to stop her.

The last thing she wanted to do was go to New Orleans, but it was clear the only two Bennett's here were of no use. That irritated her. She exited the school, walking toward her car when a sudden blur stopped her.

Vampire.

Yet for the third time today, Kataline's breath caught to her throat. Because this vampire looked exactly like Damon Salvatore. He leaned against her car, a smirk in place.

"Katherine, just the manipulative vampire I was looking for." Katherine? The second time she'd been mentioned.

Also the fact she was seeing her sister's past lovers at the same time was too much for her. This was no coincidence. Something happened in 1864 and it was clear Katherine had done it.

"Damon." She hadn't said that name in two centuries. Damon's eyebrow lifted, clearly not understanding that she wasn't Katherine. "I'm not-" it seemed he was too impatient, because his hand went to the back of her neck and forced her head to smash against the car window, knocking her out.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

When Kataline awoke, she was in a dungeon. Laying on the dirt floor, her head felt even worse. She went to touch it, but the feeling of the blood dripping from her head stopped her. How could he have locked her here, seeing the blood that didn't heal.