Untitled Part 8

Part 7 of 7: Finale of the Untitled (series)

Pairing: M'Baku x Reader

Length: 3.4k words

Summary: Y/N, the eldest of the Udaku family had been afflicted with a deadly illness whose remedy can only be administered by the leader of the Jabari tribe. Open up for a surprise?

Warning: if she is the flower, I am the serpent under't. 

____________________________________________________

"In the eventuality that there does possibly happen to be perhaps a wedding, you realize my mother is going to go absolutely crazy right?"

It had been a few days since Y/N's family had come up the mountain and here Y/N laid: not in the company of her siblings or mother (people she hadn't seen in weeks mind you) but with the man that had slowly but surely and found his way into her utmost being.

This bed

His chambers,

Their hiding place.

That seemed to be the only place the pair could find relief (the only place they could find each other, the only place they could find silence and most importantly the only place they could find how to break it).

Many discoveries where made in that conclave of two, and so the fateful duo played the game of hypotheticals: imagining a future that might never even be theirs; in their grasp and in their midst, but never theirs to begin with.

"I assume we'll have to have two ceremonies, one in the Golden City and one here?" M'Baku inquired.

"Obviously, Mother would not have it any other way," Y/N retorted playfully.

Unbeknownst to them all, the Udakus presence had elevated the weight and the clutch silence had on Y/N. M'Baku also made it so easy; breaking it was, to say the least, alluring in his presence.

"I guess I'll have to take you to that Italy place for our honeymoon?" M'Baku added.

Y/N melted.

He had remembered. The smile she sent him made his heart break: he hadn't deserved such beauty, such poise or such love. M'Baku noted that he ought to thank Hanuman a thousand times over for the blessing that resided in his arms.

"Would you really?" Y/N questioned breathlessly, "take me to such a colonizer infected country?" She added sceptically eyes on his.

He brought her hand to his lips, "for you, my love, I would go anywhere your heart would find itself to be content (she knew for a fact that the only place her heart would find itself to be content was by his side).

The woman in his arms gushed: mentions of gondolas, Positano, barcarolles and possible sultry Italian hotel room endeavours filled the room.

M'Baku simply smiled at the girl, took her lips to his and went on to fill the room with her breathless pants by going out of his way to fill her.

"Would you really marry me love?" he asked breathless himself once the sun had shyly started to make its way through the window of their chambers.

"Would you ask me my love?" She muttered a small smile gracing her lips.

***

Y/N awoke with a small woven bracelet on her right hand, a piece of jewellery that held such promise: promise of joy, unconditional love and most importantly marriage (three things she was certain he would give her). She had woken up alone and yet it felt as though she had never been closer to him.