5. With Me.

It's been a week since I met my mate. And I'm both glad and sad that I haven't seen him.

My wolf is upset with me for running, but I had no choice. I have to be free. I can't be locked down, correction locked up by him. I have a life to live and Adalyn can't stand that I want to enjoy it.

I'm only seventeen, I can't be moving to a new pack, living with a guy I don't know. I should be living at home with my parents until I'm done high school then off to college. After that I'm willing to be with my mate, but now is not the right time.

I wish she should understand that. She has barely talked to me since then. She hasn't even been asking me to let her out for a run, and she was always asking. That is before she got mad at me for wanting a life.

"So has Adalyn said anything to you yet?" Nova spoke.

Right now, we are just getting out of class, making our way to the cafeteria for lunch. Something that I've learnt yesterday is that our school is such a cliche when it comes to the cafeteria. Tables such as jocks and cheerleaders, chess club, goths, as well as bad boys and girls. However, there is a large table against the wall just for us werewolves that prefer to be amongst ourselves. That's where Nova and I seat. My brother sits at that table too, but far away from me. 

"No. She's hasn't been bugging me about going for a run or even yelling at me for the whole mate thing."

"Maybe with time she'll get over it."

"I hope so," I sigh.

Before either of us can get in another word we turn a corner only to be met with a brick wall.

The men standing before us stand tall, strong, and scary.

I turn around trying to go back where we came from, but there stands another wall of men.

I look over at Nova, hoping that she has an idea of how we can get out of this. She doesn't do or say anything. She just stares back at me with the same scared expression I am currently wearing.

Without warning the two walls start marching towards us all in unison.

We can't fight off these guys. There's to many of them and their all taller and stronger than Nova and I.

We have no choice, but to move back. Our backs press up against an actual wall. It's cold touch causes a shiver to run down my spine.

My eyes go wide as the wall to the right sperates just enough for one person to step through.

My breath hitches at the back of my throat and I'm pretty sure I look pale.

"You ran. I followed only for you to run farther. This time there is no where to run," he smirks.

He's glances at Nova before shooting his thumb behind him.

"Bet it."

Nova being stubborn, stupidly shakes her head. I can hear her heart beat racing, yet she doesn't leave me with them. She takes a step away from the freezing wall and lifts her head. She does attempting to look brave, but we can all hear her heart beat.

He's eyes turn black at her gesture.

Alphas don't like being disobeyed. Everyone knows that. Only an enemy stands their ground. At least, that's how a challenged Alpha would see it. 

An Alpha can cleanly rip you in two without breaking a sweat. So, my love for her growing fonder, knowing that when the tough get going, she'll be there to protect and not betray me.

"I said get lost," he's voice low as he fights with he's wolf for control.

"Nova. It's okay. Go get Emmett," I let go of her hand that I grabbed when I saw the two walls.

"I'm not leaving you," she gripped my hand.

I shook my head, not wanting to fight over this. Much like her, I would do anything to keep her out of harms way, and my mate is clearly wanting to inflect harm.

"I'll be fine. Just go get Emmett."

With one last look she ran between the men and went in search for my brother.

When I see that she is safely out of the way, my eye site finds my mate. I can't help but to check him out. He's more than just someone who's strong and tall, now that I can see him close up. His skin is evenly tan. He has long dark hair on top of his head, the lower half is cut short. His eyes are no longer a shade of black, but a forest green. His cheek bones are high, his jawline sharp. He's wearing black skinny jeans, a black v-neck, and gold watch his on his left wrist. His sleeves are short, cut at the middle of his firm biceps. Following down this arms, I can't stop myself at licking my lips, nervously at his vein arms.

I might enjoy looking at him, but that doesn't just cause my fear to erase, I remind myself. Now that Nova isn't with me; I'm defenseless against ten men, not including my mate.

"What is you name?" He spoke smoothly.

"Francis. Second in line to be Beta of the Silver Moon pack," I spoke with confidence.

What? I didn't lie. It's Emmett, then me. That's me being in line.

"Wrong?" His jaw clenches.

Wrong?

No, I think I'm right. If something happens to Emmett the job is mine. I am correct. The idiot is the wrong, not me.

"You are the soon to be Luna of the Blood Moon pack."

I was right, he is the alpha of his pack. Did I just hear him right? Because I'm pretty sure that I ran away from him not wanting a mate now. Meaning I didn't agree to the job.

He be cray-zee.

"No. She isn't."

I sigh in relief when I see Emmett with Nova and a few of our pack members.

I just hope that Uriah lets us through without causing a fight. Not here. Here where humans are at every corner.

I'm just glad that lunch hasn't ended yet.

I can see that Emmett is livid. He's eyes are pitch black and he's breathing hard keeping it all in.

"Emmett." I speak softly. "Not here."

From the corner of my eyes I can see Uriah get stiff as I try to calm my brother down.

I ignore it, wanting to keep Emmett from destroying the school.

"Emmett. Let's just go home. We can play video games, come on, you know I'm bad at them. You like winning, let's go," I surprisingly got past the wall of guys and over to Emmett.

As I was about to pull him away, Uriah stopped us from leaving.

"You will be going home. With me."

I can't stop it. I tried, but he lost it.

Emmett ran at Uriah, changing while doing so.