Chapter 25

Chapter 25

It's okay if you're burning with anger, sadness, or both it is necessary for you to collapse so you can learn how phoenixes are reborn when they burn and rise again from the ashes of their existence

"honestly the nerve of that guy!" I was pacing around my room with my phone pressed to my ear.

"you are absolutely right." Elise responded.

"YOU SAID YOU WERENT TAKING SIDES!" a male yelled from the background.

"AGAIN! Is ethan listening to my phone call in the background AGAIN! Seriously? And am I on speaker?"

"God, ethan shut up. You can do and think what you want but how would you feel if you went out of town and I went behind your back and made out with Thomas or Jonah?"

"Okay yeah okay I wouldn't like that." He huffed.

"well honey that how Alexis feels at the moment."

The fridge light illuminated me at 4.23am as I reached for some yogurt.

"you only ever eat or are generally awake in the mornings for one specific reason and I've known you for sixteen years so who hurt you?"

I dug my spoon into the tub and shoved a massive dollop in my mouth. "my own expectations." He waited for me to elaborate. "Uh, Noah cheated on me." I jumped up onto the counter.

"that son of a bitch." He muttered. "where's my coat and my meat clavier." I let out a small smile

"ha. Ha. You're so funny."

"it worked, you smiled."

"enough with my pathetic love life, how's yours?"

"Reece why are you up?" a figure appeared from behind Reece. Dressed in a wife-beater, boxer shorts and a white robe stood Mr. Jeremy Cohen. "Oh, hi Alexis." I jumped off the counter and left.

"I'll leave you two alone, goodnight." Sheesh it's still awkward when the three of us share a room, dinner is the worst. I mean how would you act if your principle was dating your brother?

My future self is watching me through the memories, I have to set it straight. He cheated. I sent him a text.

Alexis cooper - So I hurt you, you hurt me, are we even now?

Noah Perkins – you have to know I'm sorry. I was drunk

Alexis cooper – why would you be drunk?

Noah Perkins – long story

Alexis cooper – and I don't have the time, but alcohol will only make a person cheat if they'd consider doing it while sober. Being drunk changes your behavior, not your morals. You dumbass.

Noah Perkins – a breakdown of communication leads to cheating. We weren't talking and a craved, so I caved, I'm sorry.

Noah Perkins - so you know the annual art show? Well I went with Beatrice and we decided to take some of the complementary wine and one thing led to another. 

I rolled my eyes and didn't responded. When I got to my locker, I opened it and a note fell out, cliché I know. But I opened it up anyway.

'After my fairy tale-like first love, I experienced a way more heart-breaking one. So, this is about You, my dear, who destroyed me and moved on in a heartbeat with that smile.

We were friends. Oh no, not friends. I was his therapist and someone who he could run to.

We had our classes together.
We had our lunchbreaks together.
We had our weekends together.
We had our first flat together.
He had that scholarship with that girl together.
He had that night of drinking with that girl together.
I had to wait for him alone in the dark on my own.
I had to leave on my own.' – Renata (from weheartit)

I rolled my eyes, stuffed it into my pocket and slammed the door to then scurry off to my class.

"look at this." I slammed the note down at the table. My school had a walk away lunch type thing and I met up with Elise. "is this Noah?"

"nope it's me (will probably change the confession – Thursday 1st 8.50pm) I found this on WeHeartIt from a girl's account called Renata and it is perfect for the both of you, you are the exact same."

"1. How did you get into my locker and 2. Noah and I are the EXACT opposite."

"I didn't put it into your locker, I put it into your bag, but you mustn't have realised and accidently dropped it into your locker."

"what."

"you and Noah are the perfect match"

"no we are not."

"opposites attract remember."

"he cheated on me!"

"yeah I know he's a douche and i know this is short and kind of douche of me but ive got to go."

After she had left I picked up the note again and read it through. We were the perfect match she had said, maybe that's why we burnt out.