Chapter 20: The Fall

As we pulled up to the large concrete building, memories flashed before me. I remembered driving up to the chemical company the night that I thought I lost everything. I had not returned since then. The Joker told his men to wait in the car as he stepped out of the car and then held his hand out for me to join him. I hesitantly took his hand, and he lead me into the side entrance of the building. I remembered how I had heard Ecco and Jeremiah arguing above me as I looked for them five years ago, I remembered walking in on them and seeing that she had a gun pointed to him. I recalled the fear and confusion I had felt, and I could feel my heart beat in my ears as we made our way up to the staircase. We then reached the exact floor that all of the tragedies that night had occurred. The Joker looked at me as he stepped into the platform and I could hear the fizzing of the Chemicals just beyond the ledge. "Do you trust me?" He asked, as he could sense my unease as I stared in horror at the platform that had robbed me of my love and sanity. I took a deep breath, telling myself to be brave as I met his eyes and willed myself to focus on him. "I trust you..." I told him and he smiled in response. He held my hand as we passed the spot that I killed Ecco, and I refused to look down. Afraid that I would still see Ecco laying there with her brains splattered on the floor. I forced myself to narrow my vision on the Joker. His eyes were entrancing as he brought me to the ledge, and I held my breath. "Lilly, look..." He ordered softly and I closed my eyes for a second, gaining courage before I peered off the ledge. I saw the various cylinders filled with bubbling white liquid, and I swear it was as if I was reliving his death.
-
I scrambled to the edge as I watched him fall into the pool of bubbling chemicals below us. The fumes from the toxic waste burned my face as I peered over, screaming as I watched my husband plummet to his death. His hand was outstretched towards me as he disappeared into the cream-colored boiling liquid. "No, no, no, no!" I kept repeating, my body becoming hysterical as grief wracked through me. I was trembling so hard it felt numbing and my sobs came out as screams that ripped through the sound of bubbling and fizzing. I stared at the tub of chemicals, praying that he would resurface but he never did...
-
I felt my knees buckle slightly, as I saw my husband disappear into the chemicals again and again. It felt so real. The Joker supported me, and I buried my face in his chest, as he whispered in my ear. "I'm right here... I'm okay..." He reassured me and it always amazed me that he could somehow read my mind. I held onto him for dear life, afraid that he would disappear if I let go. "In order to free yourself from this prison in your mind, you must do as I did. You must fall." He told me and my eyes widened as I shook my head. "I can't!" I panicked, and he pulled away enough to stare into my eyes seriously. "Yes you can and you will... The chemicals will liberate the darkness within you, it will help you surrender to who you really are. I will come after you, I promise." He told me and I felt very overwhelmed at the entire situation. He suddenly pulled me in to another kiss, his lips caressing my own with such passion that my doubt was entirely washed away. "I love you Lilly." He revealed, and my heart swelled as I held onto him. It had been so long since I had heard those words... I didn't have to say it back, he knew. "Are you sure that this is what you want?" He asked me for the final time and as I stared at him, caught under his spell, I couldn't imagine denying him. "Yes..." I answered and his smile was worth what I was about to do. "There's no going back after you do this..." He told me. "I know... I want this. And I want you." I responded and his smile grew and then he chuckled. "Good girl..." He leaned in and whispered in my ear and I bit my lip. "You know what you need to do." He told me before he stepped back, letting go of me and watching me with eyes filled with love and desire. My heels were on the edge of the platform as I stared at him and prepared myself for what was to come. He then nodded and I closed my eyes, leaning backwards as I let gravity take over. I felt myself fall backwards, my stomach dropping as air rushed past me. As I got closer to the boiling liquid I felt my skin prickle and I took one last breath as Harleen Quinnzel. My body then hit the chemicals and I passed out from the impact. Jeremiah's glasses were knocked off my face, disintegrating in the harsh liquid. I dreamt of the chemicals, they were a miracle potion entering my body and changing the inner workings of my mind. This is what he must have felt that fateful night, and I suddenly understood why he wanted me to do this. He had come out of the chemicals a different person, as would I. Suddenly my senses were awoken as the Joker's lips were on mine, breathing life into me. I gasped for air, opening my eyes to see that he had indeed jumped after me. My skin burned from the chemicals but I couldn't bring myself to care as I stared at the man above me. He held me in his arms, looking down at me with adoration as I smiled up at him. I could see our clothes burning off our bodies, creating a mixture of purple and blue in the creamy fluid. It was a representation of my new life, entangled with his, and I reached up and pulled him into another kiss. After about thirty seconds he pulled away and fell into a fit of laughter. I couldn't help but join him, the joy of the moment contagious. We stayed like that in the chemicals together for what felt like an eternity, laughing together and enjoying our new life that was to come. I felt the restraint within me crumble, the darker side of me taking over as I sealed my fate with the king of Gotham. I loved him, utterly and completely. It was as if we had been remarried, but this time instead of a ring it was through chemicals that we sealed our bond. And I would do anything and everything to protect this next chapter of our lives.

-
-
HARLEY QUINN HAS BEEN BORN! ♠️🃏♦️
I hope you guys like this update! I decided to take inspiration from the motorcycle scene and chemical bath scene but I wanted to do my own original spin on it. I'm thinking of having the Joker and Harley Quinn be there crime aliases but then they call each other by their real names AKA Lilly and Jeremiah. Its going to be interesting to see how Lilly handles this transition to madness and I'm very excited to write it! Let me know what y'all think! Enjoy😊
-m