1.

disfigured.
shattered.

He broke me.
He threw acid onto me.
My face was never the same again.

🥀
3 years ago: december 2015

"here you go sweetheart, look into the mirror"
i clasped my hands on the cold reflecting object as the Nurses unfolded the bandages wrapped around my head.  To say that I'm nervous is an understatement.

I was terrified.

I hadn't seen my reflection for over a month. A month of recovery of my gruesome disfigured face. A month after a cruel inhumane beast threw sulfuric acid on my face. The acid burned through my skin, the excruciating pain couldnt be described. My skin was left with blisters, scars and burns. Luckily, the I was rushed immediately to the hospital and the Doctors could save me.

I couldn't sleep or eat properly for this whole month. My face swelled, burned and I felt excruciating pain when just a single drop of water came in contact with my face.

I couldn't face anyone. I couldn't even face my own Mother.

I knew I looked monstrous.

just h i d e o u s

After a month of treatment, the pain and swelling subsided. However, I knew , I was never getting back my old face again. I knew I'll never be the same again.

I slowly opened my eyes and stared at the mirror. What I saw was unexplainable. Words could not describe how grotesque I looked. The blisters and wounds recovered but the scars remained, disfiguring my face, mainly my mouth area.  I breathed heavily as hot tears were threatening to fall down my eyes.

"NO!" I screamed, throwing the mirror a few feet away from me, as I hear the shattering sound of it.

My Mother tried to console me but it was too late. I was screaming and shouting, kicking and punching the air, in self hatred. The Nurses frantically ran into my room trying to hold me down as I could hurt someone. I was in distress. I couldn't hear anyone speaking. All I could hear was my screaming and pleading. All I could see as my eyes were flooded with tears were the panicking faces of the nurses.

Suddenly , I felt a sharp pain on my right arm. A needle. Instantly, I felt drowsy and began hallucinating. My vision became blurry and I couldn't hear a thing.

My vision became black as darkness engulfs me and the noise around my dissipated.

🥀

I woke up, my vision slight blurry and with pounding headache. My droopy eyes scanned the room and it landed to a basket of flowers right in front of me.

"Wondered who sent me flowers?" I whispered to myself as I rubbed my eyes. I don't exactly have friends per se.

I took those flowers to see who was it from.

My eyes scanned briefly on the card placed with the flowers.

I dropped the card. My hands started shaking, as a rush of mixed emotions came through me. Anger, humiliation, sadness took over me. I could never ever understand how could anyone do this to me.
I threw the basket across the room as tears came running down my eyes.

The Card:
Congrats on recovery! You got what you deserved. Your inner ugliness finally matched with your physical appearance.

to be continued...

Authors' note:

hey guys !! So this is my first ever book that I've written skjsjs I'm excited but nervous at the same time 😩. Pretty sure not many people are reading my book but it's okay HAHA.
Hope y'all had a great day ☁️🌾