abandoned

They spent the day asking questions, and Orca was still quite confused. There was no note of their tribe in history at all, and they were completely and utterly new to this world. Until this week, Orca didn't even know that land outside the water possibly existed. This was too much to take in. she silently swam down to her watery home, and sighed at the horrible pressure yet again put on her joints. She wasn't supposed to be here...

She went over what the king said with the queen, and she seemed angry. She wrote- "we have been discovered because of you! Leave my sight immediately!"

Orca left without another flash, and arrived home through the hole in the roof. She looked at it and wondered if she should add a stone to block people from seeing a possible entrance to the house. Thieves were common in places where the light doesn't shine. For some reason, Orca didn't feel accomplished at all. She didn't feel like she had done something great. In reality, she had betrayed the tribe. Orca lay on her bed, ignoring the nagging pain stone caused on her back. She hated the Abyss. Orca was awake the rest of the night, hoping the queen didn't think the same. She got up at some point and began writing.

I wish there was something i could do to help my case. Language is a barrier that can be crossed, but only with great effort and practice. It is like being a warrior, but in words. The queen sent me away today, from her castle. I finally met a Seawing, and they are dragons like us. I miss being young and naive, because now i am a traitor to our tribe. It's better if i leave and live on the land.

And then she went to the main living area to ask for permission to feed from the vents. Poison or not, it was necessary to survive the abyss. Her mother flashed a yes, so used to aquatic at this point that it was her first language. She probably even thought in flashes at this point. She was beginning to understand the concept of the air language, but was still unsure what to think. She swam out to the middle class vents and began drinking the bacteria. The low class vents were smaller and produced way less. Basically, you would always be hungry. Orca decided she would rather hunt fish, and swam a little higher up to find fish. She found a fish that glowed, and killed it. She ate it right there so no dragon would smell the fish. Hopefully... Orca ate the fish and swam back to the cave, looking for a rock to hide the hole in the cave. She didn't find any large rocks, but didn't find any rock large enough to hide the massive hole. She would have to look better later. She flapped her wings, and decided to see if the queen needed her assistance with the land language. She swam up to the palace, requesting entrance before the queen stalked out of the palace. She was angry. VERY angry. She flashed eagerly.

"We have a replacement for you Orca. your assistance is no longer needed or required in the language field. Get out."

Orca couldn't. She just stood there, shocked

"GUARDS! THROW HER IN THE DUNGEON!"

She just stared at the queen, simply staring. What did she do? The guard let out a frustrated flash, letting the queen know she technically never did anything wrong. The queen hissed, making an odd sound in the water, and grabbed orcas talon, and made her scratch the queen. The guards gasped, and the queen smiled and flashed a command.

"NOW! NOW!" Orca flailed and began to swim away as fast as possible, her scales flashing violently. She turned a swift corner and swam up high to her home. She swiftly moved, but slammed into the cliff wall accidently. She fell unconscious, and the world went black. And she was sinking. Sinking, sinking.

Orca woke up in a small cavern with rocks blocking the entrance. She hissed, making a loud echo in the cave. She was chained to the cave wall. How the chains even survived the trench, she didn't know. She tried using her telekinesis but it was blocked. The chains definitely had something to do with it... Orca roared, her eardrums pounding.. How did they know? Did they know? What was going on?

She roared and hissed. Her eardrums were screaming. She finally collapsed, and sobbed, confused, and angry. The days slowly passed, she was fed once a day, and she was fed the low class bacteria. The guards told her she had a death penalty, and she had a panic attack. Time seemed to last forever, but it went by so quickly. She spent most of her time sleeping or crying. Orca began to forget. She thought of the land, and the life in the abyss.

She thought of the dragons who had helped her become the dragon she had become. Her mind began to deteriorate and soon she didn't care if she died. This was the end of her story.        

yikes what a depressing chapter... this will be rewritten but not right now. I'm working on getting this book published in the future along with my book called choices! thanks for reading!