19

[flashback cont.]

—-

Taehyung never called him by his name in ages...

The unknown man sneered at the sight before turning around as he was about to struck the small frail boy with another broom, taking notice of the other broken ones lying around the child. Taehyung huffed before slamming the door wide open and hitting the man hard on the head over and over again until his arms felt like it was being pricked by thousands of needles.  But right before the man collapsed, he snatched a pocket knife and stabbed Taehyung before spilling bleach over the child, as he fell with a thump. The smaller boy wailed. his vision was dotted with red spots, letting out a cry before collapsing into the ground due to his sensitivity and fear of the situation.

The elder dropped the broom as he began to pick up the younger, ignoring the burn of the chemicals on his new stab wound, fighting through tears over what he just witnessed, before slamming into the ground, not being able to carry both of their weights at the time. The boy was worryingly light, but his condition now was his first priority. Leaning onto the janitor walls, he held the smaller boy close as the younger had curled up into a ball, shivering in fear and mumbling words and phrases under his breath. Taehyung only looked down in pity before brushing the strands of fake pink hair clipped onto the youngers head and lightly nudged the boy awake.

"H-hey, kid you okay? Do you remember your name? What's your name? I'm Taehyung." He spoke softly as he noticed the boy slowly coming back into his world.

"N-nana?"

"No, this is Taehyung. You're in school right now and you have a lot of boo boos on you, does it hurt anywhere specifically"

He only stared at the elder in confusion, head tilted to the side.

"S-speci- spefic- s-spesif"

"Specifically, it means thing that hurts more than the other boo boos"

The little boy smiled painfully before pointing to his stomach as his hands dropped to his sides, too tired to move.

"Can I?"

"M-mhmm"

Taehyung slowly lifted up the boy's shirt only to be met with pretty hues of blue and purples littered along the boy's small tummy. His eyes widened as he stared bewildered, looking back up to meet the boy's face who only gave him another weak smile.

"W-why are you smiling"

"Well, why not?"

"But that man jus-"

"Smiles make everyone feel bettw right? S-so can you smile fow me pwease? I-I dun wike seeing peopw sad"

Taehyung sniffled before giving him a shaky smile in which the boy responded with a weak grin, his hopeful eyes molding into a crescent as he let out a hoarse squeak.

"What's your name, kiddo?"

The boy blinked twice before effortlessy standing up and brushing off his little tutu as the elder stared in awe at how the boy got up as if it was nothing, and extended an arm towards him.

"Jimin, P-Park jimin. What's yours?"

Taehyung grabbed onto the boy, now dubbed jimin, and hoisted himself up before tripping over himself and onto the wall for support, which caused jimin to flinch in surprise before running to his side to put his arm around his neck and support his weight.

"T-Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you, Minnie"

The younger blushes at the nickname and looked down. Taehyung let out a chuckle before he winced, looking down at his now blood-soaked shirt. Nobody noticed it until now, jimin staring in horror at what his sorry excuse of a step father had done to him and his new friend.

"T-ta-tae I'm h-here a-and I brought the teach- o-oh my g-gosh-"

The youngest stared in fear at the sight of the two before rushing to help them, bringing a first aid kit and locking the door so nobody could get in.

"Kim Namjoon open the door to this closet immediately!"

The banging at the door was nonstop but as soon as he properly laid eyes on the two boys, it seemed as if the three were the only ones in the world.

"Joon why would you do that-"

"I-if they s-see you g-guys l-like this they're g-g-gonna think we're cra-crazy! W-we're just kids a-and they never listen t-to us, t-they n-never have a-and never w-will. "

"He has a point, what do you think we should do Taehyung?"

Jimin looked at the newcomer and back at his savior for some sort of answer.

"We could always jump out of the window and go to the hospital, or come over my place, it's close too."

The shortest flinched hard at the familiar word, the other two in the room both noticing and immediately turning to his direction.

"Y-you're Jimin right? T-the pw-pwetty dancer! "

He flushed a shade of pink once again before nodding his head.

"I-I can't go with you guys to that place"

"The hospital?"

He flinched again before slowly distancing himself from the two boy's, backing up slowly and reaching for the doorknob for the teachers trying to bang open the door. Both boys were alerted by this and began to approach him carefully and try to stop him from doing something he's regret. Jimin stared at Taehyung cautiously, watching his every move with the most guilt on his face, putting one hand over his wound and the other in front of him.

"Jimin, s-stop what you're doing, you don't want to do this"

"I cant go back there Taehyung! I-I, c-ca-can't-"

Namjoon gasped before running over and gripping jimin with his shoulders tightly.

"Then l-let's go to t-Taehyungs place, h-his grandma s-s-should be home from her e-exercise c-classes by now! S-she can help us."

Jimin turned around hesitantly before looking up at the taller boy.

"I-is she nice?"

"M-mhmm! And if y-you're super g-good, she gives u-u-us lolipops!"

Jimin gasped, retrieving his hand from the doorknob, letting tae sigh in relief. Yet the dancer was grinning from ear to ear and practically jumping.

"Loli's??"

"Yep! A-And she h-h-has like, a-a bunch!"

Taehyung looked st the two with a small smile, before wincing again in pain.

"Guys I hate to cut this short but we have to go? I'm dying over here"

"O-oh I'm s-sorry tae-tae"

"Yeah we're sorry, come on let's help you up!"

—-

You guys don't understand how much fluff imma put in here and how much angst like your souls will be crushed Lmfaoo shits getting real heated real fast