18

[flashback time whoop]

H-his t-tutu is really p-p-pretty Taeh-hyungie  wooook!"

It was show and tell, and little boy with chubby cheeks was dancing around the alphabet carpet twirling and doing ballerina poses with a pretty pink ribbon. The younger jumped excitedly as Taehyung chucked. It was only the second week of school for the two Taehyung already turned 6 while Namjoon was still 5 until his birthday in September. August was almost over and namjoon couldn't have been more excited about turning the same age as his best friend, and anything he liked he'd call out, hoping he get it as a gift if he did so. Everyone in their houses had caught on to what he was doing and let him have is fun. But Taehyung was too distracted with his new holographic pencil to pay attention to the younger.

"Mmm, it's very pretty"

"A-aww h-hes l-leaving already with that mistew"

Namjoon pouted as he leaned on Taehyung.

"Yup yup that's nice- wait what?"

His head shot up as he stared at the door only to see the smaller looking boy practically getting dragged out the class by a dark lean figure, the teacher disregarding it as shoe tried to calm down the class full of bustling adolescents. Without moving his yes from the sight, he nudged the brunette who looked over and responded with a 'hm?' .

"We should go follow them"

"W-whaaa! B-but w-w-what if w-we get I-in t-twouble t-t-tae!"

The elder only looked down and smiled sympathetically at the boy. He's had a stuttering problem since he was little and he used to always get bullied because of it, Taehyung being his only line of defense and the only one he needs. But he fixed his features to reflect his unique smile facing him.

"Don't worry, we got this nammie!"

The latter gave him a crushing dimple smile as he sprinted out in front of the boy, making his chest throb as he followed suit, before closing the door to the kindergarten classroom oh so softly. As they tiptoed through the halls and sneakily bypassing the large hall monitor-who was a 4th grader- and following the boy around a corner to the far side near the janitors closet.

"why would he go in there with that man"

Taehyung pondered to himself, speaking aloud helped the 6 year old focus better on what he's doing rather than keeping thoughts in his head and losing them in the wide gapes of his running imagination.

"S-s-stwa- stwangew d-dangew!! Tae what no-"

"Shhhhhhh joonie we have to be quiet okay?"

Namjoon sealed his lips tight into a line before 'locking it with" and throwing away the key with puffed up cheeks and a nod. Taehyung giggles and poked the youngers dimples which made him squeal in laughter. The moments was cut off short bus single noise that triggered the younger and made him whimper as he stared at his hyung.

"S-stop father p-plea-"

"No! I knew you were turning into one of those faggots. You're never going to be accepted in my fucking household. You disgust me, Park!"

Taehyungs eyes widened at the words he heard, knowing namjoon wouldn't understand. The man paused before looking behind him, eyes of malice practically digging into the boy's skin as his eyes widened in fear.

"T-tae w-w-what's h-happe-"

"Go nams, go get a teacher now! Run as fast as you can and promise me you won't look back". Namjoon teared up amd grabbed his friends shoulder.

"B-but I cant l-leave tae-"

"you can! Now please go! And if anything happens then just know I love you okay??"

"Taehyungie n-"

"NAMJOON GO AND LISTEN TO YOUR HYUNG"

The younger visibly shook in fear before silently nodding and sprinting away, regret already eating away at his mind.

—-

:'DDD