Chapter 18

Ryan's point of view

We arrived at my place. We got out of our cars and made our way to my apartment. I unlocked my door and we entered. I turned on the light so we could see.

" Hey Jim you can just set your duffel bag anywhere", I told him.

He looked at me and nodded.

" I'll be back shortly. I just need to pack up my stuff and I'll be ready to go".

I walked over to my bedroom and opened the door. I turned on my light and walked over to my closet. I grabbed out my red suitcase and went over to my drawers. I took out all my clothing and stuffed it into my suitcase. I stuffed the rest of my belongings that I needed into the suitcase and zipped it up.

I then grabbed my dark grey backpack and stuffed the wallet and other important belongings of mine in there. Lastly, I zipped it up and I was now ready to go. I was ready to leave this shitty place. I was ready to get away from Michael. I was ready to start the new chapter in my life with Jim the man I love. I couldn't wait. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and I picked up my suitcase by the handle. I walked out of my bedroom and went into the living room where Jim was. He was sitting on the couch.

I looked at Jim and said" Are you ready to leave this place forever?"

" Hell yes I am", he answered.

I smiled at him and he returned the smile.

" Let's go", I say.

We leave the apartment and walk over to my car. I unlock my car and we throw are stuff in the backseat. I get into the driver's seat and Jim climbs into the passenger's seat.

I was about to turn on the car when Jim stopped me and said" We should text Michael and tell him that we leaving forever".

I nod and Jim texts Michael.

Jim's point of view

I click on contacts and scroll down until I find Michael's name. I find his name and click on it. I then text him.

Dear Michael,

I'm just informing you that me and Ryan will not be returning to work. We are leaving this place and moving away to another state. Don't contact us.

Sincerely, Jim

After I was done texting him. I deleted his number and blocked him. Ryan did the same.

Ryan turns on his car and we hit the road and head to Arizona.

" I can't wait to see the Grand Canyon", I tell him.

" Me too".

We then drive off into the sunset.