Aftershock

Jamarco P.O.V

The next morning when I woke up and saw this nigga next to me my rage instantly sparked up. I pulled my pants up and looked at him in disgust. I immediately went to the passenger side and dragged this nigga out my car naked and all waking him up and throwing his clothes next to him on the ground. This nigga basically took something from me that I was waiting to give to my future. The thing that bothered me most was that he literally took it and I have already been in this situation before growing up.

Backstory:

I grew in Raleigh, NC and growing up was shit for me but I made it what I could. My father was there but didn't really want to be. My mother turned to drugs when I was 6 and use to let her crack addict friends touch on me while she was getting high. That's a reason why what Derrick did bothered me so much. I was helpless and couldn't do anything about it. This shit continued to happen til I was about 12 and got taken by child protective agencies after my dad was shot and killed by my mother's drug dealer while I was at home. After that I met some guys that introduced me to this drug game shit and stuck with it ever since to provide for myself.

Present day

As I was walking to get back in my truck Timothy, Jolisa, and Jolisha came outside and over to us.

"What the hell is going on" Timothy asked.

This nigga sat here and looked in they faces and said "He was trying to rape me" with these fake ass tears in his eyes.

"He did what? I knew this nigga was no damn good. You got 10secs to leave before Yo ass go to jail." Jolisha yelled at me

"I did not try to rape that fucking boy man, you got to believe me, Why the fuck would I do that when the nigga that I want is literally in there in a coma?"

"I believe you" Jolisa's soft voice said to me

"You what" both Tim and Jolisha yelled.

"I believe him, no shade to Derrick but it wouldn't be the first time he lied on someone like this and I know for a fact Jamarco wouldn't touch you." Jolisa explained making me feel so good that she would take up for me.

'So, you really taking his side? Fuck you Jolisa, can someone please take me home?" Derrick lying ass asked.

Timothy helped him up since by now his clothes were fully on and all three stared us down as they walked off to Jolisha's car.

"I'm so sorry about that Jamarco, I could tell you were telling the truth by your eyes. I do want to know what really happened though." Jolisa said to me

"Yea ill tell you, lets go up to the room though. I think we caused a little too much noise out here."

We walked in the hospital and on the way up to Justin's room I told her everything I could remember that night.

Justin's P.O.V

After seeing the officer fire his gun at me everything went black. Next thing I know I wake up in some type of open field. It's literally quiet yet so beautiful. I saw 3 kids playing in the distance. One was a boy who had to be about 12 and twin girls that looked at least 8. Before I could even reach them, the boy turned around and looked at me and said, "Hey dad we been waiting on you.". Confused as hell I said, "Sorry you must have me mistaken for someone else, I don't have any kids". One of the girls then said "not yet but you will in the future, that we are apart of. Right now, you are in the "Great Divide". This is basically a place where you go through your memories and see what could possibly happen in the future if you decide to go back.".

"Go back where exactly? Am I dead?".

The boy spoke again "No you aren't dead, but you aren't fully alive. The decision will be yours after we take a walk."

He stuck his hand out and something was telling me to trust them, so I did. When I looked back up from them, we were now in a brightly lit hallway.

"Each door shows a different part of you past up til now" The second girl said.

"Pick one if you like"

I stopped and looked for a bit before picking a door labelled happiness. I opened it and saw me, my mother, father, and brother in our home. Me and my brother were 6years apart. I had to be about 7 so he was 13 and we were in our childhood home in Toledo, Ohio. We all looked so happy as everyone watched me open my Christmas gifts. The memory stopped there though which was awkward, so I picked another door labelled the split. This one showed the day my parents got their divorce. I was 12 and my brother 18 so he was in college. My mom got custody of me and after that I never really had a good relationship with my dad. I closed that door and walked down the hall more. I came up on a door titles betrayal. Curious to what memory it was I opened it and it brought me to about 7 months ago when I was raped by a guy, I though was my friend. I started crying as I relived seeing myself being pinned down and yelling stop as he forced himself inside of me. I screamed so loud, yet no one could hear me. I instantly slammed the door and crouched down crying my eyes out. My "son" came up to console me then said, "You have one more door to open". It was labelled present. As I opened it, I saw myself in the hospital laying there hooked up to tubes and a breathing machine. Next to me was Jamarco holding my hand and Jolisa rubbing his back. I tried to go and touch him, but I couldn't. "You're not finished yet" one of the girls said." The lead me out of the door and to a hall that said "FUTURE".

"At the end of this hallway there will be a book, in it will have one page. On the front of the page it will say The End, if you choose to end this life and move on then simply leave the book and walk forward to the bright lights, if you decide to continue this life then flip the page and sign your name which signifies you have been giving a second chance on life. But beware that if you choose to keep living then it will come with a price. The decision is yours." All three kids spoke at the same time.

As awkward and scary as that was, I begin to walk down the hall and look at the pictures on the wall. One was a picture of me and Jamarco kissing in front of a sunset just like his drawing, another was me crying in a doctor's office and Jamarco consoling me. One picture was me and Jamarco with the same 3 kids whose names on the picture read Tristan, Tasha, and Tricia. I quickly hurried down the rest of the hallway and made it to the book. I've never had to make any type of decision like this in my life, but here goes nothing.

*** Sorry this one took so long but between this dorm wifi and dealing with practice and stuff I couldn't focus on the story but anyway......continue to get my numbers up please and follow my social media accounts that I posted in the last chapter.