Prologue

Cries of a baby were heard in the dead silence of the quiet city. In a medium-sized building surrounded by thick and high walls, inside a room were a woman and a man. The woman was sweating and panting, exhaustion clearly showed on her face. But despite her inner self telling her to fall asleep, she kept her eyes open and looked at the man beside her with a smile. The man was sitting down next to her, holding the newly born baby in his arms.

A smile on his face as he watched the baby slowly stop crying. "Look at him. He's so cute. Just how I imagined he will be." Whispered the wife to her husband. Her hand raised and reached to the baby. The man inched closer to help her. Her hand rested on the baby's small tummy. "Yes. And he looks just like you. Just how I imagined him to be." The man said to his wife in a gentle voice despite his appearance that screams, 'I am hot and dangerous! Stay away!'.

The woman chuckled. "He looks... just like us." The woman said, staring lovingly at their child. They were a newlywed couple and they married just that year. After 2 months, the wife informed their family that they should expect a new family member to arrive. They all were happy and excited. 8 months passed and all the preparations were ready, but a tragedy happened that changed the way all humans and living beings live.

The apocalypse.

Every day, they have to run and hide or else they will die. And, no humans want to willingly die. Except if they want to commit suicide or, they had to be a sacrifice for someone else's life and all that. The pair of husband and wife are worried to death because, if the baby arrives, the possibility of losing their long-awaited child in the new way of living was like 100 percent.

So they searched for help and fortunately, a week before the baby was expected to arrive, a group of soldiers that were passing by noticed them and helped them.

They brought them back to their emergency hideout and settled them in. In the hideout are several other survivors that were saved by the soldiers. This hideout was made by the government so naturally, a few people from each occupation was there. A few doctors and nurses were told of the woman that's about to give birth and they prepared her a special room for when the baby will arrive.

They helped her when it was time and left her with her husband to just, get together and treasure that moment.

"Honey, what should we name him?" Asked the wife. The man flinched since originally, he was told to find a name because the woman 'was too lazy' at the time. But she was pregnant so the man didn't mind.

And he forgot about that matter the next day and didn't try to find the 'perfect' name for their baby. "Ah... Um, well, uh... Give me a sec." The man said and quickly searched through his memories for a name that doesn't sound stupid. And then he remembered that that day was somewhere in March. "Ah! Right, I kinda thought of this name once.  Um, how about, Haruka?"

The woman mumbled the name a few times before nodding her head. "Yes... That's a beautiful name. Perfect for our beautiful baby."

° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • °

"No! Please give us back our child!" The man screamed trying to get through the soldiers blocking him from coming near the man that's holding his child.

"I told you no. A newborn baby is a perfect thing to experiment on." The husband was so enraged he roared. "Give me back my child you monster!" He pushed the soldiers forward and they all surprisingly flew back hitting their backs against the wall at the end of the hallway. Which may I say is super far.

The man that was holding Haruka was shocked but then grinned. "Take the man too. It seems he has some new type of power in him. He will be worth experimenting on."

A few soldiers that were behind the husband walked towards him and dragged him away.

"Now..." The man walked away still holding the sleeping baby in his arms. "Let's start the experiment."