Ch. 4 - [Friend Or Foe?]

Haruka's POV

I sat near the edge of the building while waiting for daddy to come home. I played with the doll while waiting. "Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are, up above the world so high... *sigh* Like a diamond in the sky... Twinkle, twinkle little star, How I wonder what you are-agh!" The collar suddenly activated and it sends pain through my body. I grit my teeth and cover my mouth as to not make a sound. Only whimpers slipped through my fingers and small tears pooled in my eyes. I fell and laid on my sides with one hand on the choker and the other on my mouth. I have always wondered how they never detected us. I think the GPS broke. Maybe. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. In the middle of me trying to calm myself down, I heard footsteps. "D-daddy? Daddy, is that-i-is that you?" I said. But when I can't hear any response, I scanned the area and found that there are a group of people heading this way. They're 2 buildings away. How can I hear them? I have sharp ears, as well as daddy. When I knew it wasn't daddy, I panicked a little. Usually, it's just me, daddy, and the undead. I never met anyone else.

I slowly stood up and walked into the house. I closed the door just when I heard footsteps landing on the building. I tiptoed to the corner where daddy and I sleep together. A medium-sized but thick blanket was laid over the thin mattress. I usually feel comfortable and can sleep normally because I always lay on daddy. And daddy is so warm!

I quickly got beneath the blanket and clutched the doll near me. 'Please go away, please go away, please go away!' I chanted repeatedly. Soon, I can hear the footsteps coming closer, then the door creaked open and the people walked inside. Thankfully, the collar stopped and I can let go of my mouth. I activated my x-ray vision and see the people walking in. The first one that came in was a tall woman. She looked to be in her 30's but her age is 49, turning 50 in 3 days. With a height of 179.2cm and the weight of 67.3kg, she looked like she can fight daddy. Her hair was black with a few strands of white and her eyes were the color of charcoal, her skin was beige. She had thick muscles and she wore military-like clothing. On her back were two metal and wood clubs, while in her hand is a small gun. Her left eye was covered because of an injury. Her skin was covered all over will old and new scar and bruises.

The second one to come in was a teenage girl. Despite being only 17, she looked like she can kill. And she has big muscles! She had tan skin and her eyes were a bright blue and her hair were scarlet red and ruffled like a birds nest. It looked like it wasn't taken care of properly. She wore a thick jacket and some loose pants with black boots. In her hands was a katana. Dried blood was sticking on it. Next was a boy and a girl. They looked identical. They both were 23 and seem to be twins. Both had black hair and warm ivory skin color and both have the same height of 178cm. What they don't have in common were their eyes. The girl had hazel eyes while the boy had green eyes. The girl wore a long brown coat over a white crop top. She wore blue jeans and white sneakers and socks. The boy wore a very pastel colored hoodie over a white long-sleeved sweatshirt with dirty white pants with black linings. He had a quarterstaff and steel boomerang with sharp ends hanging on his pants, while the girl had a spear and in her pockets were grenades.

What if they're from that place before? Are they taking me back? No. I can't go back! Daddy's not home yet! As I was thinking this, I was looking at my lap, so I didn't notice when the old lady walked up to me. The blanket was suddenly pulled back and I yelped. They stared at me and I looked back at them with wide watery eyes. Their faces showed pure shock. Silence filled the air and it was, awkward to say the least. The woman's gaze turned soft as she slowly reached out to me. "Hey there. Uh... Are you, are you alone here buddy?" She asked. I just stared at her, holding the doll closer to me.

"Wow. I can't believe there's still a kid these days. Most are dea-" The red-haired girl said. Suddenly, the girl with black hair rushed to her and slapped her. "-wha-hey! What's that for?!" She said and held her red cheek. The girl replied with a huff. "In case you don't notice, there's a young INNOCENT kid here." She emphasized the word innocent while staring deep into the redhead girl. When they were all talking, I heard heavy footsteps coming closer and immediately focused on it. It was daddy. He was carrying woods and a blanket in his hands. I guess the boy heard it too because he looked back straight outside the door before closing it. His twin looked at him. "What is it, Vincent?" He looked at her then said, "There was a creature approaching. But it's not any type of undead. It is unknown." He said seriously and tightened his grip on his quarterstaff. The others got into a fighting stance while the woman looked at me worriedly. "Lil' guy, you have to stay here okay. We'll make sure you're safe." She said before going to join the others.

Taking advantage of their diverted attention, I stood up and ran pass them and outside. "Wait! Don't go outside!" I heard the black-haired girl shout before someone said a bad word and I can hear them running towards me. Now, I have to tell you that my stamina isn't that great since all I do is stay at home. So I wasn't a fast runner and the boy caught me. "No! Let-let go!" I whimpered trying to push him away from me. I looked back at daddy and we made eye contact before he roared and started running, the things in his hands dropped down.

"Fu-udge. It spotted us." The red-haired girl said. The others arrived beside us and pushed the boy back. "Vincent, protect the boy and bring him back to the base." Said the woman. The boy was frozen before shaking his head. "I'm not leaving." He firmly denied. Before they can argue, daddy arrived in front of us. With teary eyes, I reached out to him. "Daddy!"

The others were frozen and stared at daddy and I. I didn't care anymore and teleported in front of daddy. I ran to him and reached up to him. "Daddy!" He sort of smiled and gently picked me up and licked me slightly before growling at the others. The others didn't know what to do based on them looking back at each other continuously.

~ ~ ~ ~ ('・з・`) ~ ~ ~ ~

Heyyo!

It was just seconds ago that I replied to a commenter asking for me to update. And well, I found this unfinished chapter filled with 1,255 words. I remembered that I wanted to add more but don't have any idea how to continue. But I guess the chapter is long enough for it to be a chapter. So shoutout to!

...

Wait a sec I'm checking the person...

kamalamitte the one who just asked for an update! Also KIIIDhere the first one who wanted an update long ago. Sorry KIIIDhere. I forgot. Forgive me for I have sinned! .˚‧º·(ฅдฅ。)‧º·˚. Oh, and also Uwugivemeyourowos, BloodRedGod and Syriacus56 You're all the first few commenters. Well, the only commenters. And Uwugivemeyourowos was the first one... I think. Sorry if I'm wrong but I think he/she/they are/is the first one. So yeah. Anyway, thank you for reading and commenting my story! Also, for staying until now. (-ω-;)

Goodbye and good day to you all!
(*'︶'*)ฅ♡