Ch. 2 - [Escaping.]

Minoru's POV

I looked at my poor baby. I'm so sorry I let you suffer this much. I wiped the tear that fell on his pale face. How dare they hurt my baby this much! I growled at that thought. I freed my baby from the table and held him tightly in my left arm, using my right arm to attack anyone blocking my way. I roared, bit, scratched, poisoned everyone I see. I destroyed the exit door and ignored every human that was nearby and immediately climbed the walls to escape. "Shoot him! We can't let him take subject 35A!"

I roared, wanting to kill whoever called my baby that, but decided against it when I felt movement and a whimper coming from Haruka. I spaced off while looking at him but quickly snapped out of it when a bullet almost hit him. I continued to climb the walls and finally, I arrived at the top. I jumped down the high wall and landed safely. My skin is thicker than before so I don't feel any pain and my bones breaking. I ran away from the walls as far as I can go so they won't find us. I checked Haruka occasionally to make sure he's safe and breathing.

After hours of just running aimlessly, I stopped inside a forest. I checked my surroundings to see if any danger is near. After making sure it's a safe place, I put Haruka inside a hole from a tree. I covered the entrance with leaves and went to find a city nearby for food supplies.

I found a city that looked abandoned except by the zombies on the streets. I checked any shops that still have food inside and collected them. My hands became full after 5 hours. I headed back to the forest. I put the food down and checked Haruka's condition. He's still asleep. I sigh. 

I hate to see him suffer like that again. I saw what they did, and I feel sorry for my baby to have to go through it. I'm supposed to protect him as his father. But I wasn't able to. And... I couldn't protect Aiko. I hope he won't question about his mother in the future.

I went to collect woods and breathed out fire to light up the woods. I heated a chicken soup with a pot. I was tasting the chicken soup to see if it's still in good condition when I heard whimpers and rustling. I put down the makeshift spoon and checked on Haruka. His hands were on his eyes. His head snapped to my direction. "Wh-who?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed. Knowing that I can't speak properly as normal humans can, I just gently grab his hands and slowly pulled them down. 

His eyes are still closed and he pulled away from me. At least tried to, but I held a tight yet gentle grip on his hands. He slightly opened his eyes but then hissed and whimpers. I growled knowing that my baby is in pain from those bastards disgusting experiments. "No. P-please don't h-hu-urt me-e." Haruka began to sob and my heart shattered at the sound of his cries.

I let go of his hands and he immediately scooted back to the walls behind him. I went back and picked up the can, not feeling the heat coming from the can because of my thick skin, and the spoon. I went back to Haruka and scooped the chicken soup and gently nudged it against his cheeks. His head lifted slightly, probably hungry after smelling the food. How did I know? His stomach growled. I can see his face becoming pink.

I laughed. Although it doesn't sound like it, I did. I nudged it at his lips and he hesitantly opened his mouth and ate the soup. He smiled slightly after tasting the food. I scooped another spoonful of the soup and nudged it at his lips again. And so 10 minutes was spent on feeding him before he shook his head, indicating that he's already full. I ate the rest of the soup and put out the fire. I covered the hole and laid down at the entrance to guard Haruka.

Haruka's POV

After I ate, I just sat there silently waiting for something to happen. Hours passed by and nothing is happening. Where is that person? Did they leave me? I whimpered at the thought. I tried to open my eyes but winced when the pain came again. Every time I tried to open my eyes, these strange things appeared and these buzzing sound came in my ears and my eyes felt like it's being stabbed nonstop. But I have to get used to it sooner or later right? Who knows where I am right now. I can be in the middle of nowhere surrounded by strange beings that I've never seen before.