Darling Brother

You could smell him before he even entered the room - he smelled of expensive bourbon, cinammon, and something else

You could smell him before he even entered the room - he smelled of expensive bourbon, cinammon, and something else.. something that was distinctly him. It was a heady combination that never failed to make your head spin.  He snuck up behind you quietly, and gently moved your soft tresses to the side, leaving one side of your neck completely bare.

He pressed his nose into you, caressing that tender place where your neck and collarbone connect with his supple lips. He inhaled, so delicately that you were afraid you had imagined it. You knew your heart was racing, and even worse, that he could certainly hear it.

"You smell exquisite, Y/N," he whispered softly, peppering your neck with kisses so light and feathery, they may as well have been made of air. You blushed, not knowing if he was referring to your new perfume, or your current state of arousal.

"Elijah, please. My boyfriend Kol, your brother, is down the hall.. probably conversing with your girlfriend, Hayley. We can't do this," you murmured.

"Of course you're right, lovely Y/N. Would you meet me at midnight, then? Come to my study, just down the hall. I need to be alone with you." He waited for you to nod your confirmation, before slipping away with a wink.

************************

You had been seeing Kol Mikaelson for a couple of months now. You were grabbing a coffee at the cafe on the corner by your work, when you turned around and nearly spilled your latte all over the handsome man behind you. You liked his devilish smile, and he charmed you in a way that reminded you of someone from your past.. someone you were sure had forgotten you long ago. When he asked you for your number, you had given it to him without hesitation. But you knew you'd never truly give him your heart.

You were having fun and enjoying each other casually, when he invited you over to his brothers' house for the weekend. He had told you very little of his brothers, only that they were older than he, and had a complicated relationship.

As the two of you pulled up to the mansion in Kol's baby blue vintage convertible, your heart started to race. You had an overwhelming feeling of deja vu, although you knew you'd never been there before. You had only moved back to the states the year before, and hadn't yet ventured far from your cozy apartment in the French Quarter.

The door was quickly flung open by a handsome gentleman, with sparkling blue eyes and messy sandy blonde hair. He took your hand gently in his, and placed a soft kiss upon it.

"You must be the famous Y/N that Kol won't stop chattering on about. It's a pleasure to meet you, love. I'm Klaus, his older and far more attractive brother." His accent was smooth, similar to Kol's but more refined - elegant, even.

You smiled sweetly, surprised that Kol had been talking with his brother about you, and flattered by the attention from Klaus. You felt Kol take your hand in his and squeeze tightly.

A beautiful blonde woman with creamy skin and perfect posture appeared beside Klaus, hooking her delicate arm through his. "Do you ever stop?," she laughed. "I'm Caroline, Klaus' fiancee. It's lovely to meet you, Y/N."