United We Spy Epilogue

Special thanks to @ronni_raine, who sent me the epilogue for United We Spy! I am still looking for the rest of the epilogues, so if anyone has them (they are in the back of the books with the newer covers of the US edition), please private message me!

Ten years later...

The Gallagher Academy didn't look new. Even though the people of Roseville, Virginia, remembered well the summer ten years ago when the entire mansion had been taken apart stone by stone and rebuilt from the ground up, from the long black ribbon of Highway 10 it looked like nothing had changed at all in the century and a half of the school's existence.

But looks can be deceiving. It is the one thing on which the Gallagher Academy could always rely. The grounds were green and lush at the beginning of the summer. The rose-bushes that lined the tall walls were in full bloom, filling the air with their scent and guarding the fences with their thorns—the Gallagher Academy's very first line of defense.

But the women in the limo didn't have to scale the walls. They just had to sit behind the dark windows. And wait.

The woman with her back to the driver had long legs that seemed to fit within the confines of the stretch limo. Her dark hair was swept back into a tight, sleek ponytail that had probably taken her less than a minute to do. She kept her blue eyes hidden behind designer sunglasses, but she didn't try to disguise her voice.

"So, Cam, is it true what they say about Istanbul?"

"Macey, Istanbul is classified."

"So in other words, it is true." Macey whipped off her sunglasses and studied her friend. "What about the thing with the goats? My favorite part is the goat part."

Cammie couldn't help herself. She laughed a little, but still managed to say, "I have no comment." Macey slipped her glasses back on. "Good. Practice that. You know Tina Walters is running a worldwide conglomerate of gossip magazines and Web sites now. You need to have your 'no comment' game in top form when she gets here tomorrow." Macey glanced out the window, then turned back to her friend. "What about Iceland?"

"What about Ireland?" Cam asked.

"Did Zach really parachute into an active volcano? Because that sounds more like Bex to me."

"Macey!" Cam's voice was hard, but her smile was soft and slightly dreamy. "No comment."

"Come on, Cam. You've got to indulge in me. When the Agency asked me to leave the Secret Service and take over my mother's company I thought I'd be spending more time in the field and less time in conference rooms. Seriously. There are so many conference rooms. It's enough to make a girl miss the time she had to defuse a bomb on Air Force One."

"I'm sorry, Mace," Cam said, and Macey shrugged.

"It's okay. I have the Paris flat. And the jet."

"Yes. I'm partial to the jet. Thanks for picking me up, by the way."

"Of course," Macey said. "I couldn't let you fly over by yourself. Not once I heard Bex was dragging Zach to..."

Macey trailed off, and Cammie registered her words.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," Macey said.

"Zach's not with Bex. He had an emergency op come up. He's going to be here tomorrow or the next day."

"Yeah. Of course." Macey nodded too quickly, her smile was too big. "So did you hear Preston's running for Congress?"

"Macey, what's wrong?