Chapter Twenty- Nine (29)

Chapter 29

*Editing*

Nathaniel’s P.O.V

Days passed and no new information about Samantha. I have not left my house in days and honestly I look like a mess. Grandma keeps calling but I ignore her calls since she is not the same anymore and honestly I am not in the mood of talking to people right now. My only concern is Samantha. I hope she is not hurt, and whoever this X guy is I hope he is not hurting her if he has her hostage.

It was 10 am in the morning, and it was Thursday. I am probably not going to go to work today. I have not been there for almost a week now. I got out of bed did my morning routine and went to make breakfast, I am hungry this morning. I went downstairs, turned on the television and went to make a cup of coffee.

I heard the news but I did not pay attention until I heard something that caught my attention.

“The fire broke out in an average house in Arizona. The people in the house were announced dead on the scene. Lisa Cole, Don Cole and their little daughter Marissa Cole who was only ten. It was said to be an accident but if you know any information please do not hesitate to call the help line on the screen. This is very devastating news. Photos of the victims are on your television screen also at the moment. Thank you, back to you Michael.”

I gasped when I saw the photo of the little girl; she was the one with Samantha in the picture at Sam’s apartment. Oh my god, is that Samantha’s family? But why do they have a different last name than her? Was she adopted? Where are you Samantha, please be safe.

I turned off the television and sat down on the sofa and drank my cup of coffee as I debated if it was right to tell the police about this X person. I started to drink my coffee quicker and not noticing that I have burnt my tongue. ‘Ouch’ I mumbled  and put the cup down on the table.

 I scratched the back of my head, trying to figure out what is happening right now. This world is so messed up nowadays.

*****

After fifteen minutes my ringtone boomed into the silent room. I got up and went to get it off of the television stand. The caller ID showed it was Hunter. Hmm this is weird; I have not talked to him since five days ago when we were at Sam’s apartment. He seemed mad at me but I did not hold any grudge against him because he did have a point.

“Hey Hunter!” I answered the phone.

“Hey Nate.” He replied back with sorrow in this voice.

“Hey, you alright man?” I asked now concerned.

“Yeah bro, but my dad got in an accident and he is in a coma. Krysten is with me here. I was calling to let you know we are not going to be back in New York, for a while.” He said sounded upset. What I cannot believe what is happening right now.

“Wow man I am sorry for what has happened. He will be okay, he is a strong man.” I replied back to him not sure what to say to someone in that position.

“Thank you bro, I also wanted to say that I am also sorry for being rude the other day at Sam’s apartment. That was unacceptable and I am sorry.” He said. I smiled and nodded my head although he could not see my action.

“It is fine; I do not blame you though. Is Kyrs okay?” I asked hoping she is not upset about what happened with her dad. Although she most likely is because in the end he is her father even if he was not there for her.

“She is okay, she is holding up.” He said but sounded unsure of what he has said.

“I will be visiting you guys soon probably today or tomorrow. Take care bro, see you all soon.” I told him. He replied thank you and hung up.

I started pacing back and forth in the living room not knowing what to do anymore. Everything is crashing down and people are getting hurt one after the other. I decided to get dressed and drive to go  see Hunter and Krysten. She is my friend and I promised that I will be there for her, and Hunter is also a great guy.

I went to my room and took out a grey sweater, a black t-shirt, pair of black jeans and black socks. I got dressed and zipped up my sweater and took my black jacket with me in case I get cold since it was November. I took my cell phone off the counter and a banana since I lost my appetite, and I might get hungry later. I grabbed my keys and I was out the door.

I entered the address of the hospital on my GPS and buckled in as I was going to drive for hours alone. It is going to be a boring and long ride but I need to go see Krys and Hunter.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!