Danse Admits Something

"Alrighty, done with breakfast?" I take our plates and Danses bowl to the sink. Then I remember shaun's surprise. "Hey Shaun come here hun! You too Danse, bring the recorder!"

Danse and Shaun are at the side door next to the kitchen and I say to Shaun "Honey, I have a surprise for you. You've been asking for this for a while and I made it just for you. It was not easy but I hope you love it." I cover his eyes with one hand and open the door with the other with his eyes closed I guide him to his right and I remove my hand. "Surprise!" I say excitedly "No way! Thank you mom!" He says hugging me.

"Get in hun!" Shaun gets in his own customized X-01 power armor. "I'm glad you love it hun. This will only be worn if there's an attack or you're going somewhere with me or dad. Let's hope there's no need for you to wear this if there's an emergency." I say sort of worried. "Awesome, mom do I get to have a gun or a jet pack?" He says excited. My eyes widen, "Slow down there cowboy, baby steps. You'll eventually get to have those things."

"Aww okay.." Shaun says. "Okay let's start heading out we can't waste anymore time." I say as I'm about to get in my power armor. "Wait! Mom there was something I wanted to show you. It's about Dogmeat." He turns the corner of the house and Dogmeat is looking to the side. "What were you going to show me?" I say curiously. "I've been teaching him how to roll over. Come on boy roll over!" Dogmeat just looks at Shaun. "Come on! Roll over!" Shaun then tries to have Dogmeat lay down and then roll over. "Umm I don't think-" I quickly get interrupted by Piper. "Hey! Y/n there's something wrong with Danse!" I rush to the people circling around.

Oh shit, what happened now?

My thoughts race as I was moving everyone aside to get to him. When I finally get to him he's kneeling on his knees... he's fine. "What's going on danse?" I ask nervously. "Y/n, I love you very much. Ever since you stumbled across the Cambridge Police Station I have been truly grateful to have you in my life. You are a great soldier, a great mom and I definitely know you will be a great wife and I will be the luckiest man in the Commonwealth. Will you accept this ring?" I laugh with tears then smile. "Yes." He hugs me tightly and kisses me. Then he slips on the ring. All of the settlers clap and cheer for the response I gave to Danse.

"I can't wait to be part of the wedding! Also it's about time you asked mom!" Shaun says excitedly. I laugh at Shuans comment then I remembered that time was ticking. "Alright Shaun, let's hit the road." Danse interrupts as we started walking towards the entrance, "Can I go with you?" Without hesitation I say "Sure, I wanted to talk to you about something." All of us get into our power armor and then we started the little journey to Diamond City.

There were no casualties on the way there, thankfully. When we all got there it was super late so I told Shaun we would spend the night at Home Plate. As the three of us sleep on a doubled up bed with two twin mattresses Shaun was quick to fall asleep.

"Hey what was that thing you wanted to talk about?" Danse whispers. I giggle slightly, "Oh yeah. Umm I love that you asked me to marry you but you did it with two knees... you were supposed to do it with one." He facepalms and then blushes while looking down. I move his hand away and I kiss his hand, then I place it on my cheek. I whispered, "Don't worry I loved that you tried. That's what really mattered but you actually scared the shit out of me." He frowns, "Yeah that was the part I was worried about, but you came rushing that's what I loved the most. If something happens to me or Shaun you would be there." Danse gets close to my face then plants his lips on mine. When we pull apart I look into his eyes. "Of course, you're both my family and you mean a lot to me. I would never let you both get hurt or harmed in anyway." Danse smiles sweetly at me. "Well we have a journey back to Sanctuary we should get some rest. Goodnight honey, I love you." I nod my head in agreement, "Goodnight babe, I love you too."

Danse was quick fall asleep, I slowly slip out of bed and climb up the ladder that leads to the roof of Home Plate. I sit in the chair that was there and I put my face in my hands. I sit up and I think to myself,

I need to ask this favor.