The Dying Question

"Alright I'll see you in a week Shaun. Curie will be here tomorrow, okay?" I say while hugging him. "Yes mom I will be okay. It's just a day." Shaun says while pulling away from the hug. I run my hand through his hair. I clear my throat, "Alright Danse let's head out." I look back with a slight worried look. "Honey he will be fine. I promise he has all the necessities." Then he grabs my hand and looks into my y/c eyes. I smile and we head out of Diamond City.

When we get to Red Rocket he looks back and says "Hey so, I saw you sneak out to the rooftop last night. What was all that about?" I try not to make it obvious but my face slowly runs red.

Shit, he saw me.

"Umm I.. just needed some.. air." He looks at me with a straight face and says "Honey I know you well... that is exactly why I decided to marry you. What is bothering you?" We continue to walk and we're getting to the bridge of Sanctuary. I tried to come up with an excuse but again he knows when I'm lying. When I was about to say something we both heard something from the distance.

We hear a scream coming from Sanctuary Danse and I quickly rush to the screaming. We see a Feral Ghoul attacking a woman on the ground. I quickly shoot 2 bullets on its head and then it hits the ground. "Is there any more?!" She points inside of a little shack we made a year ago. I quickly go inside and I shoot ten Feral Ghouls that were ransacking the place.

"Shit! Where the fuck did they come from?" I throw in a Molotov and close the door, they try to open the door but I'm holding shut so they won't attack anyone. From screaming in pain to silence there was no more noise coming from the other side. I get my .45 ready and I quickly open up the door and the ghouls were just laying on the ground. I go over to the woman to check on her. Danse gave her radway and a stimpack to treat her wounds. "Here's some water." I give her some purified water. "Can we bring a stretcher over here please?" The doctor comes with a stretcher and finally gets the settler on it.

Before she goes into medical I ask the settler, "How did this happen?" She looked scared to tell me so I just waited for her to respond. Finally after an awkward moment that felt like forever, she finally said, "It was my fault, I was supposed to be on watch at the gate but I woke up late." Then she started crying with her hands on her face. "Get her to medical..." I say to the doctor.

I walk over to my house and I take off my power armor in front of my house. I walk inside and Danse runs after me. "Hey.. are you okay?" I get my hazmat suit on and I look at him with the are-you-serious look. "Y/n there's no need to be like this!" He says frustrated, I turn around with an angry look, "We lost people in that small shack.. you know every person here is crucial. I should've stayed home and you should've gone to Diamond City. This could've been prevented. It's my fault." My voice cracks.

"Y/n it's not your fault. Don't be so hard on yourself. Things just happen." I walk away and head straight to the shack I pull out the Ghouls first I put them in the middle of the street and pour gasoline on their bodies and let it soak. Then I grab a wheelbarrow and stack the bodies and wheel them all the way by the river and I start digging a hole for the first body.

As I'm done with my second hole, barely. Someone approached from behind me "Do you need a hand?" It's Danse, Hancock, and MacCready. "Fuck yeah. Y'all got me something to drink?" Danse hands me an ice cold nuka cola and some grilled corn. I put the cold nuka cola on my forehead and back of neck. Taking in the cold sensation and sweat coming down to my forehead. Then I pop it open and drink it then I grab some corn and start eating. "Have you not been eating?" MacCready says concerned. "I didn't eat anything all day, too busy." There's an awkward silence, I break the silence by getting out of the hole. "Alright get digging it'll be night soon, I'll go take out some construction lights when I'm finished."

Danse stops me by putting his arms around me pulling me close he leans in and kisses me then puts his hand on my cheek. I look into his eyes for a moment then I just walk away. I didn't want to talk to Danse yet. He turns to look at me walk away and turns to the hole then starts digging when he got in it.

After eating I put my plate aside and then I go into my shed and grabbed 2 lights. I went over to where the last 3 holes were getting dug and connected them to a nearby generator. "Goodnight boys" I said, walking towards my house.

Good luck.

Shower, brush my teeth, brush my hair and then lay down. I look up through the hole in my house and gaze at the stars. The light clicks on Danse stands in the doorway wiping off the sweat with his muscle shirt. Fuck what a sight to see. "Sorry did I wake you?" I bite my lip, "No." Danse looks down and goes to the dresser picking out some boxers. Danse faces me, "Hey... I'm sor-"

I quickly interrupted "No... Danse I'm sorry." I quickly sit up and my face gets red. "Don't cry babe. I understand, really. I would hug you but I need to shower first. I'll see you in a few minutes." He walks into the bathroom turning on the shower. After what seemed like 5 minutes he turns off the water and he came in the room, turned off the light and got in bed with me. His big arms and hands wrap around me and he pulls me close. Then he kisses me, this is a moment that I wish can go on forever. "I love you..." Danse whispers. "I love you too."

I stare at him and keep staring at him. Not breaking eye contact, "Is there something wrong?" He finally asks. "No there's nothing wrong it's just that.. I wanted to talk to you about something but I'm not sure how to explain it."
"I want you to know that you can tell me anything, y/n." You sit up, crisscross your legs and face him "Okay so you know how you asked me to be your wife?" He looks confused, "What is going on y/n?" He grabs my hands, "Just tell me honey. I will try to understand."
"Danse... will you be willing to be part of a threesome?" He sits up and looks at me disgusted. He gets up and walks towards the door, "Danse.. I'm sorry." He slams the door behind him and it made a really loud bang. Geez I hope a deathclaw didn't hear that.

I lay back down with frustration. "Fuck."