Chapter Forty Six, Part Two: The End is Near, Nearly Over

The Dama arrived rather quickly and before they knew it, Noam had been taken away for treatment, Itys in tow. 

The rest of them stayed aboard the Ran, deciding on the next course of action. Everyone sat on a bed in the berth, listless but quiet in the enormity of the situation.

Kain sat closely beside Lanta, somehow having become attached to her in the brief time since he'd recovered his memories and freewill. Perhaps to the authoritative attitude she held.  It was odd to see such a childlike Kain, especially as he spoke about the horrifying experiments the tower had planned for Ashra once she was recovered. 

"Madam director will probably want me to bring you to her right away," he said. "Many of the people there are obsessed with finding you, but she's the worst..." he shivered.

"But why." asked Io, subdued, something plaguing her mind.

"She thinks they're the key to immortality."

"That's why we were made...wasnt it?" Io asked, her eyes directed at Nezu. It was more of statement than anything. 

Kain gave a glance in Io's direction.

"If you're asking if the clone and hybrid program was originally begun for such a reason, the answer is yes. Though nowadays its just a side business catering to the rich and elite in need of body doubles and body guards. Only a few viable specimens," his gaze traveled from Io to and Nezu. "Have proven to be beyond succesful."

Io didnt speak, and only turned her head. Nezu, who was sitting beside her, quietly placed his hand on hers.

Ashra scratched her head and crossed her legs before leaning towards Kain.

"And how many are still in the Tower being experimented on."

Kain closed his eyes, searching for the information. 

"At this point in time, about four hundred, give or take."

"And androids?"

"Over a thousand."

"And the staff?"

Recognizing the glint in her eyes, Kain thought about it before responding. 

"Roughly three hundred."

She laughed loudly, causing those sitting near her to jump. A new, even more brilliant idea had formed inside her head.

"I know exactly what we have to do." She said as she began to lay out a new, even better plan on how to bring the Tower down.

*

Kain dragged both Hassin and Ashra along with a antiquated metal chain and cuffs, both their wrist and feet bound tightly.

"Come on," his voice was clear and full of malice as he yanked the chain. Ashra lost her footing for a moment and glared at him, her eyes filled with hatred and discontempt. Hassin scowled but other wise said nothing, his face proud and haughty under the gleaming lights of the tower.