Chapter 2

While outside the Mansion,

Juliet clutched onto her purse nervously as the gates of Germanotta mansion opened revealing a huge four-story building. The limo that her friend Evelyn sent to get her entered slowly and pulled into the driveway of the fancy building.

Evelyn's other friends were there with Juliet but they weren't shocked as her. They are having fun with the bottle of wine, instead of gasping and dropping dead looking at the beautiful building.

Juliet seriously regretting her decision to say no when they offered her a glass. She's not a drinker nor has drunk anything with alcohol in it but today her nerves need it since the breathing techniques her therapist taught Juliet is not working as the woman said.

I need a new therapist, she thought jokingly knowing her family couldn't afford a new one since this woman is the cheapest they could get. Other therapist were expensive and would leave her family homeless in one session.

The limo came into a stop, stopping the music along with the lights. The boys booed at the driver for ruining their little party but then got out hesitantly. While the girls patted more powder to their faces except for Juliet of course and exited the car.

Juliet didn't get out, she counted one to ten in an attempt to calm herself but it was useless. Her hands trembled, her knees were like jelly and the only choice she has was the alcohol.

"Nervous?" The driver's deep voice asked from the front snapping her out off the weird glare-the-wine-bottle contest. She nodded.

"Yes," She squeaked out knowing the driver couldn't see her nodding in the dark. The driver chuckled.

"I know I shouldn't be telling you this but just have a cup of wine, be yourself and don't give a fuck what the rich folks think," He said bluntly making her burst out laughing.

"Wait, rich folks? how many of them are here? I thought it was just a Christmas dinner" She asked raising her eyebrows in confusion as if the driver could see it. She took a big gulp on the bittersweet tasting liquid.

"Nah kid it's a big rich family and friends dinner, the old woman ordered food for more than a hundred people," The man said making Juliet breathe shakily.

"Ahh don't be scared this dinner is gonna be a disaster, you not going in doesn't change anything. Just go inside and have some fun before it turns into a bloodbath" Somehow his words calmed her down, she smiled a little "And take this, it's stronger than that stupid wine" A hand reached out with a silver colored bottle.

Without thinking, she grabbed the bottle, opened the cap and gulped it. The liquid burned her throat, her eyes turned red from the burning sensation and she hated the taste of it. But as soon as it sets in she felt different.

"Thank you!" she chirped, the driver chuckled at her sudden change of mood. She tried to give him the bottle back but he refused "You need this more than I do, go have fun! Give me the bottle back later. Now, get out!" He shooed her out, laughing Juliet got out of the car.

She's not the type of girl who wears heels every day. Therefore walking in high heels half drunk was not easy, she tiptoed to the huge front then stopped walking. She fixed her heels and continued.

A huge gold-colored door greeted Juliet with a shine from the sunset. There were two men dressed in a suit standing in both sides of the door, the gun attached on the side of their pants made Juliet stopped dead in her tracks. A woman standing in the middle flashed Juliet a smile that she thought looked creepier than a clown.

Nonetheless, she sent back a warm smile, the woman raised the pen in her hand and a file that was filled with names "Your name Miss?" She asked.

"Juliet" She answered. The woman started going through the list checking for Juliet's name on the list, she stopped suddenly and focused on one name "Juliet Harrison?" As soon as Juliet nodded the woman scribbled down something. She then nodded at the guards, ordering them to open the door.

"Juliet Harisson as in the infamous Juliet, daughter of the late HarissonWallace?" An attractive boy dressed in suit and tie asked her a smile, making Juliet frozen in shock from hearing the name that she never thought she would hear in this place.

Fortunately, Juliet recovered quickly, she opened her mouth to respond but the alcohol in her bloodstream did before she could "Yeah and what about it asshole?" The topic of her father has always been sensitive to her since he was shot to death by some maniac in the college he used to work at along with some of his unlucky students. Thirteen people died that day.

The boy turned red in embarrassment before he could open his mouth to respond to Juliet, one of the guards opened the left side the other one opened the right side of the door slowly at the same time. First thing came into her view was about a hundred people dressed in expensive dresses and suits stood near the huge set of stairs. Her blue evening gown was no match for their fancy outfits.

She stepped inside the mansion in an awestruck face, her heels connected with the soft nude colored carpet that somehow matched the whole gold and green colored theme. Ten feet away from the front door there was a golden colored fountain with a statue of a half-naked baby holding a silver jug with champagne flowing out of it making. A huge beautiful shiny chandelier hung just above Juliet's head, she watched everything in amazement.

That was not the best part, the hall was bigger than a football stadium. There were rows of golden colored tables and chairs parted into two ways leaving an aisle in the middle for people to walk to the front, fireplace and a ten feet golden colored Christmas Tree right next to the set of stairs, there were speaker system under the Christmas tree and in front of it there's a microphone on the small table signing that probably there's a boring speech coming.

A pianist sat next to the fountain looked up from his piano and smiled at Juliet making her aware that she was standing frozen at the front door. Before she heads to the front she noticed the stupid boy still standing and staring at her. She glared at him and turned away as the door closed with the boy still standing there and still speechless even though Juliet didn't that say much. It was weird how sensitive rich kids were.

On the right side of the fountain stood a table with golden colored water, same as the fountain water. Grabbing a cup she tried to reach the faucet to pour the water that she thought was a lemonade but a boy dressed in white buttons up, black vest and bowtie slapped Juliet’s hands away and snatched the cup away roughly from Juliet. Juliet just cocked an eyebrow but then eased up as the server twisted on the faucet and let the drink stream down from the container and handed it to her with an uneasy smile.

Someone really hates their job, she thought rolling her eyes at the boy.