Chapter 4

The lights went out before she could even run to the door, there was no reason for her to stand in the bone-chilling darkness with a man soaked in blood, she knows she has to get away from this place. The loud breathing of the bloody Santa could be heard from behind her. She took a huge step forward to run but the chance of escaping from the killer came collapsing down to the ground as she slipped on the wet tiled floor and fell.

The choked up laughter could be heard as she was on the ground but she doesn't have the energy to run for her life. Juliet's face turned into a thick frown as she slowly started recognizing the voice. The lights open revealing none other than Evelyn's big brother in Santa Claus outfit, grinning from ear to ear. It didn't take that much energy for Juliet to get up, lunge forward and plant a hard punch on his sharp jaw that sent him flying to the to the shower before he could regain balance he was on the floor clutching on his face.

Giggling Evelyn, who's now in normal clothes appeared in the front door clutching onto her stomach to contain her laughter but failed miserably "I told you! I told you she's stronger now" Evelyn said between the laughs, making Juliet cock an eyebrow.

"A prank? like seriously how old are you guys? 12? God... I hate everyone!" Juliet grumbled angrily and got out of the bathroom pushing Evelyn to the side roughly.

Juliet dropped her body on Evelyn's bed, ignoring the fresh clothes Evelyn placed on the corner of the bed for Juliet to change. The sound of the piano playing from downstairs could be heard here, it was Für Elise by Beethoven. This version was different yet sadder than the original one, something about the sound of it touched her heart and before she realized it, tears started flowing down like a waterfall.

All it took was five seconds for Juliet to break down fully, she started panting, her eyes were clouded by tears. Her heartbeat picked up on its pace signing she was having a panic attack, slowly blankets of warmness covered over her making her feel safe for a moment. Whispers from Evelyn and waves of apology from her brother, Joseph could be heard but it all was useless.

Only Juliet could stop this, slowly she breathed in and breathing out on oxygen until her heart beat slowed down. Next, the panting stopped finally the tears stopped, she opened her to meet Joseph laying on her right side while Evelyn on her left. If she found Joseph laying next to her with his arms around her last week, she would've kicked him to the floor for giving her weird butterflies in her stomach but today she felt like she needed him and his sister.

Suddenly she felt embarrassed about her breakdown. They didn't do anything other than being silent, that made her feel a little better but didn't ease the burning feeling from Joseph's touch.

"I'm sorry guys, oh god I'm so weak" Juliet muttered making the siblings open their eyes in shock. Juliet had never recovered from her attacks this fast but today she did and that shocked both of them.

"Oh yess stupid, that's what you're being. I wouldn't be here if I went through half of the shit you've faced and you've seen. Let me remind you this; you're stronger than you think you are. In fact, you're stronger than all of the people around me combined, huh and that's including Joseph the crybaby so Juliet don't let a normal breakdown make you doubt that for a second." Joseph rolled his eyes at Evelyn's word and turned around to look at Juliet.

There was an intense staring contest going on between the two of them when Evelyn decides to get out of the room silently but the sound of the door made Juliet break the eye contact just to look at Evelyn.

"Where are you going?" Evelyn facepalmed and cursed at Juliet and herself for being stupid.

"To get some food..?" She said it more like a question. "Can't the maids fetch it for you?" Evelyn now cursed at her brother for being stupider than Juliet.

"Oh my god, I'm just gonna get something for you and myself. Can you guys shut up and kiss already!" Evelyn yelled and ran out of the room before her brother could catch her.

"So... " Joseph trailed off slamming the door shut.

"So..." Juliet trailed off staring at the boy she had a crush on from last December. She couldn't help but notice the missing blood stains from his Santa outfit. Although that part of the prank confused her, she didn't let her thought dwell further on the matter.

In seconds his lips captured hers, it started with a quick peck and suddenly they were on a full make-out session with spit swapping and all of the disgusting yet fun things lovers do to show or prove the love for each other. The kiss was better than Juliet imagined, there were butterflies and caterpillars just like the crap the romance novels fed us. Mostly, there was love in the air.

Joseph has always imagined tasting Juliet's lips from the moment she walked into his house with his lovely sister a year ago but she was going through a lot of issues at the time preventing him from making a move on her even though he knows about the little crush she had for him.

"Since we're in the moment can I confess something?" She asked breathing breaking the kiss, He nodded "You look really hot in this Santa Claus outfit excluding the fake blood and the bloody knife but wow!" It wasn't actually a confession, she'd rather call it a bait.

"Wait! what knife and blood?" He asked in confusion but Evelyn burst through the door with trays of foods before Juliet could answer.

The night was spent with the three of them eating spaghetti in Evelyn's room. It was over ten when everyone started leaving, Evelyn's uncles and aunts (surprising Aunt Marie was included) went to the after party at a bar in the town down the hills leaving their kids behind. Mrs. Germanotta went to sleep early without talking to anyone, probably mad at Evelyn.

The pair came down the stairs to meet with the busy servants cleaning the mess the guests made. Evelyn led Juliet to the living room and introduced her to her cousins while Joseph chatted with the servants. It was finally eleven when Evelyn's cousins and friends went to the third floor of the house to have their own little Christmas party. There were two boys and three girls under ten years old so they couldn't really consume alcohol. It was just a small Christmas party filled with candies and old Christmas music. A sweet little Christmas.

It was around eleven-thirty when they decided to put the kids to sleep in the guest room so they could wake up early tomorrow to open the presents under the Christmas tree. The girls changed into the pajamas that were prepared for them and grabbed the sleeping bags while the boys took the place in the opposite. They all sat forming a circle in the middle there was a big red candle.

"So we start a new Christmas tradition, it begins tonight," Evelyn said lighting the candles as the lights inside their house went out one by one making everyone smile grimly, excited for the bone-chilling adventure awaits.

Outside the mansion sat a man on the branch of the tallest oak tree in the area, watching over the mansion in front of him as the lights inside went out one by one, finally leaving the mansion dark and silent as a grave. Just how he likes it.

Can't wait to be invited in, he thought, smiling evilly while staring at the only source of light coming from a candle inside a room from the third floor of the mansion.

Nevertheless, It was going to be an unforgettable Christmas for the thrill-seeking teenagers.

Author Note:

33 reads THAT WAS SO FAST!  THANK YOU EVERYONE I'LL DEDICATE THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR THE FIRST VOTER OF THIS CHAPTER! WITH THAT BEING SAID, LET THE FUN BEGINS.