Chapter 7

"Is she dead? No, no, no, no this isn't real " Juliet muttered in disbelief falling down to the ground. Her mind was a huge tornado swirling around planting gory pictures of the dead body in her eyes.

She breathed in and out slowly trying to keep calm but her lungs burned begging for more oxygen and her breath gets shorter and shorter every second as if someone was strangling her to contain the air from getting into her body. Not being able to put up a fight she finally collapsed to the floor. She was too lost to even notice Joshua capturing her in his arms and attempting to calm her down. However, she didn't faint, she just stared at the ceiling blankly.

Evelyn was kneeling down on the ground staring at what looked like Mei Lan's body. She couldn't even recognize her own friend because she had not much of a face left. Tears streamed down her face, her lips quiver trying to form a word but none came out. For once in her life she was so speechless and so was the others. Thinking what to do to handle this she decides to pull out her phone from her jeans pocket just find out that it was dead just like Mei Lan.

"Anyone please give me your phone, I need it to call an ambulance or the cops, mine is dead," Evelyn said looking back at the group formed behind her to watch the dead body. They were all crying as well but heard Evelyn's order loud and clear.

"I remember you ripping your phone from the charger like two hours ago, it's already dead?" Joshua asked making Evelyn shrug in response. Unfortunately almost half of their phones were dead from the videos they took at the party. Only Garret and Viela had their phones with a little bit of power left.

"I'm not getting any signal" Viela sighed with her eyes planted on the bright screen "Me neither," Garret said giving Evelyn an apologizing look. Evelyn grunted getting up from the mat, Darien kindly offered his hand but she slapped it away immediately.

"I'm going to call them from the house. Don't go anywhere alone, we don't know what happened here" Evelyn vanished through the corner of the house heading to the front door where it has a normal phone installed on the wall.

"What do you think happened to her?" Garret asked Viela and she glanced at the body fearfully.

"I'd say she was killed. Look at her eyes, it was like somebody pulled it out" She grimaced at the thought of her eyes being plucked like strawberries.

"No shit Sherlock" Stefano stepped in glaring at both of them. Viela flinched at his tone.

"C' mon we're all terrified and confused, no need to be rude, man," Garret said glaring at Stefano. Joseph cleared his throat making them both look at him. Garret immediately backed down and Stefano sighed.

"Is she okay?" Garret asked looking at Juliet with a sad expression. Joseph shook his head.

"Her breathing is normal, she's still conscious but she isn't moving and I don't think she can hear us. It's like she's in some kind of trance and I don't know what to do" Joseph said holding Juliet's hand in worry and rubbing it, expecting a response from her but she was still staring at the ceiling without even blinking.

"You're studying to be a doctor! do something!" Stefano snapped at him. Joseph shook his head repeatedly.

"I'm studying to be a dentist..." Stefano huffed in frustration and began pacing around the room for no reason.

"I'm going to check on Evelyn. She's been gone too long" Just like that Stefano disappeared in the same corner Evelyn went. It took five minutes of whispering and waiting, they all looked turned to at Evelyn and Stefano who were rushing to the group with a panicked look in their face.

"What is it?" Derek asked Evelyn as she breathed heavily, gathering strength to speak.  Stefano wasn't doing well either, from the brightness of the Christmas tree and the fireplace both of them looked like they've just seen a ghost.

"The-the phone is dead. I tried to open the door and call the guards but they were all passed out on the floor. A-and the door is jammed. W-we kept standing there trying to find a way to call the cops but the air turned really cold and some kind of shadow started chasing us then we just ran" Evelyn rushed out the words in panic and put her hands on her knees and kept panting heavily.

"I tried to open the windows but it didn't budge so I tried to break them from inside but everything I throw at it kept bouncing back as if it the window turned into a trampoline. I even punched them" He said showing his  bleeding knuckles. However, he thought the shadow chasing him was just her imagination and shrugged it off, even though he did run away from it.

"Don't you guys think it's weird?  first, the necklace went missing then the Asian girl died and now this. Its like everything is connected." Melissa, one of Evelyn's cousin said. Making eye contact with everyone in the hall.

"I hate to say it but you're right" Jared, Melissa's brother said. Joseph and Evelyn sighed in unison.

"It's The man, The Midnight Man, he's doing all of this we need to get away" Suddenly Juliet rambled and followed by a blood-curdling wail of terror. Joseph and Evelyn fought to hold her steady but all Juliet did was try to kick and punch them, trying escape until Evelyn had no other choice than slap her really hard. That was enough to make Juliet stop and stare at both of them.

"I-Im going to clean up," Juliet said after noticing Mei Lan's blood on herself, she instantly dashed off towards the kitchen passageway before Joseph could get hold of her.

"I think it's officially time to wake up grandma and the others," Evelyn said setting her candle down and blowing out the light. Everybody ditched their candles in the instant. Evelyn then stared at Joseph waiting for his approval.

"Ok, you do that, Stefano go with her. And the others just split, two-person a room check every possible exit. Go for Windows, doors or even the ceiling wait for others to get there but if you don't see us go first, make sure you someone is with you, don't go alone. Take any vehicle you could find and go get help but I'm sure the only vehicle left is the guard's car and the limo, they took everything to go to the bar. So if you get out don't bother calling any of them, call the police first, we don't know what the hell is going on here so be careful. Remember, meet us here if you come up with nothing. I'm going to see what the hell is going on with Juliet and find a way to turn on the electricity" Joseph ordered, told Evelyn to be careful and went to the kitchen just to met with Juliet who is submerging her face in a sink full of water.

"What the hell are you doing" He demanded pulling her away from the sink, water splashed everywhere as she struggles from his harsh grip.

"Let me go my face is on fire I need to cool it down" She screeched trying to bite his hand that was wrapped around her left arm strong enough to leave a bruise, he had no choice than to slap her. That was enough to break her out of the sudden outburst.