Chapter 5

How do you know about the key?!" she asked. "It's a long story, but I need it Clarissa." Hannah said. Clarissa hesitated but finally gave her the key. The key had the letter 'C' on the top. "Don't tell this to Eleanor, please." requested Hannah. "Of course not Miss Hannah." she said. "What are you two up to?" asked Eleanor.

Hannah and Clarissa turned their heads quickly to see Eleanor standing right in front of them. "Oh Eleanor, we were just writing a poem." said Hannah.

"Yes, Eleanor! Indeed Miss Hannah is really good at it!"praised Clarissa. "Oh that's good to hear Hannah!" said Eleanor happily, and she called Hannah over. "Yes, Eleanor." she said. "Come with me."

Eleanor took Hannah out of Braidwood Manor and led her to a nearby graveyard. "Eleanor, why are we here?" asked Hannah.

'Hannah, this is where I and my whole family were buried. Whenever I feel lonely, I come here to meet Father." she said. "What about your mother?" Hannah asked. She noticed a angry look on Eleanor's face.

"I do not want to talk about that wicked woman." she cried angrily. Hannah startled. "But why?" she asked. "Hannah!" Eleanor screamed. Hannah stood silent.

Eleanor turned and walked out of the graveyard. Hannah followed her silently until Eleanor said,"I am sorry Hannah. I know that I shouldn't be cross on you because you can't possibly understand what's going through me." Hannah confronted Eleanor and said,"It's okay Eleanor if you don't want to tell." Eleanor felt better and led Hannah back to the manor. Eleanor left Hannah alone in the main entrance and walked away.

Hannah sighed. "Now I need Thomas's key." she said. "I'm sure you wouldn't get HIS key easily." warned Clarissa. Hannah turned to see Clarissa beside her.

"Don't worry, I hope there's no harm in trying." smiled Hannah and went to find Thomas. Hannah went searching everywhere until she heard the sound of the grand piano. She found Thomas playing the piano. "He plays really well!" wondered Hannah. Thomas kept on playing until the music changed.

"No, not again!" he cried in anger. He lifted his head and said,"Who's there?" Hannah stood straight and entered the room. Thomas frowned. "You? What are you doing here?" he growled furiously.

"Oh, I was just listening to your music. You do play the piano nicely." said Hannah. "What do you want?" he asked. "Nothing, just was listening." Hannah stood at one corner as Thomas played.

Every time he played, he would always press the wrong key. "Argh! This can't be happening every time!" he shouted. Hannah stepped forward and said,"What's wrong?" "The song I am playing is actually a duet. Father and I used to play this song.

Now that he's still in the battle fighting, I just can't get this song right." Hannah volunteered,"Maybe I can play your Father's part." Thomas looked at her and said,"Fine, remember once I play the third key, start playing the key C and F. "C and F. Got it!" said Hannah. Thomas started to play the third key and Hannah played the C and F key. "It worked! We finally finished the song!" cried Thomas happily.

"Thank you Miss Hannah." he said. "No problem." she said. Then she started to ask," Thomas, can I ask you something?" "Ah, I knew that you wanted something.

What is it?" he said. "Can you give me your key that Eleanor has said not to use?" Thomas asked her why and she said,"I need to know what's behind the locked door of Braidwood Manor." Thomas gasped.

"So you discovered the door, huh? Well I'll tell you that there is no use." he said. "But why?" she asked. "I once unlocked that door. It turned out to be nothing but a huge cellar and a fireplace in it. Nothing else." he said. 'Then why does Eleanor keep saying to stay away from it?" she asked. "No one knows.

She says it's dangerous but I didn't find anything dangerous." Hannah thought for a bit and said, "Can I still have the key?" Thomas gave his key to her. His key had the letter 'T' on top. "Thank you Thomas, you really don't know what this..." Suddenly, something interrupted Hannah and Thomas cried,"Simon and Clarissa, I know it's you.

Come out." Clarissa and Simon entered the room with their hands at the back. Thomas folded his arms and said,"Enjoyed eavesdropping?" "We couldn't believe what we heard. Thomas agreeing to give his key to Miss Hannah!" cried Clarissa. Thomas rolled his eyes and all three laughed. "Now I have almost all the keys." said Hannah.

'But it'll be difficult to get Eleanor's key. She wouldn't get tricked by anyone's tricks that easily." said Thomas. "But I know one person who can!" exclaimed Clarissa and turned to Simon. "Did you mean....ME?!" asked Simon. Clarissa nodded and Thomas laughed. "Perfect choice Clarissa." he said. "I think I have a plan." said Hannah. The four gathered around each other and Hannah started to speak out her plan.

"Thomas and Simon, you guys have to fight. While Clarissa will be standing here watching the fight. I'll get Eleanor to stop you guys. When Simon will have the chance, he'll steal the key." "Yes! I'll finally get a chance to call Simon a baby!" Thomas cried. Simon frowned.

"Don't you dare call me a baby Thomas!" cried Simon. "Surely if Thomas calls Simon a baby, Simon will start crying.

And you might want to know that Eleanor cares for Simon the most so she'll carry him on her laps. That's when Simon can have the chance to steal it." said Clarissa. "Hmm, good thinking!" said Hannah. "But we have to fix a sign that tells Simon to steal the key." "How about misconduct?" asked Thomas.

"That should do it." said Hannah. "Simon, remember, the sign is 'Misconduct'." said Clarissa. Simon gave a thumbs up and turned to Thomas. "Time for drama!" he said. In a while, Hannah went running around finding Eleanor when she saw her standing in front of the locked door. Hannah gasped.

"Did she get to know that...." Before Hannah could complete her thought, Eleanor turned and got surprised to see Hannah. "Oh..uh..Hannah. What are you doing here?" she stammered. "Eleanor, you have to come with me right away. Thomas and Simon are fighting terribly!" Hannah sounded so worried that Eleanor rushed with her where the children were. As soon as they entered, Clarissa joined them and said,"Eleanor, it's good that you came. Look at Thomas and Simon. They aren't even stopping!" she cried. "Stop irritating me you little stupid insect!" shouted Thomas. "I am not irritating you, you are irritating me!" cried Simon. "Shut your slipper mouth, you tiny foolish baby!" roared Thomas. "I am not a baby!" screamed Simon and started to cry.

"Thomas, shouldn't you be knowing the way you talk to your younger brother!" scolded Eleanor. Simon rushed to Eleanor and she grabbed Simon and pulled him on her laps. "Children, enough of all this misconduct!" said Hannah. "Hannah is certainly right.

Thomas, ask for forgiveness. Simon you too." said Eleanor. "I am sorry." said Thomas. "Me too brother." said Simon. 'Good." said Eleanor and went away from the room leaving Simon back on his feet. The four waited for Eleanor to move away, and then they asked Simon,"Did you get it?" Simon unrolled his tiny fingers from a fist to reveal the key with the letter 'E' on the top.

"Phew! I thought you'd never be able to make it!" said Clarissa. "I am happy that I got to call Simon a baby." said Thomas with a smile. 'You won't repeat it." said Simon. Simon handed over Eleanor's key to Hannah. "Thank you so much all of you!" said Hannah happily.

The Waverley children smiled back to Hannah as she sneaked away towards the locked door. Hannah carefully placed each key through the keyholes of the locks and each lock slowly opened up. In no time, the door was unlocked.

Hannah slowly opened the door and saw a small room with a huge pillar at the side and in the front was the fireplace covered with metal caging. Hannah looked around the pillar and sighed.

"Thomas was right. There's nothing but a fireplace and a pillar. Then why did Eleanor look alarmed about this place?"thought Hannah.