Chapter 4: All Systems Go!

After heading down the mysterious hallway, the team arrived at an elevator. Once they were all inside, Director Fury pressed an illuminated 5 on the control panel.

"What's on level four?" Matthew asked.

"Interrogation rooms, sick bay, and some labs." Agent Kelson answered dutifully. The team nodded, filing this information away for later.

"And level five?" Alex asked.

"Training facilities. More importantly, level five contains the cultivation chambers." Fury told the members. The team grimaced at hearing the creepy name of the rooms. "We usually just call them training modules."

Once the elevator reached Level 5, they all filed out. Fury led them down a long hallway. As they walked, he would nod occasionally to fellow agents or pay them a respectful greeting. They eventually stopped farther down the corridor, in front of a series of nondescript metal doors.

"Now," Fury started, "Each of you will have your own separate room. Each one is tailored to fit your individual needs. One of the Avengers will be waiting for you inside. We tried to pair you up to match your skill sets as best we could." Fury then turned away, clearly finished speaking.

"Good luck!" Agent Kelson whispered to the team before following her boss down the hallway. They left the teens standing awkwardly in front of the doors. The team members looked at each other in utter confusion. They hadn't been told what room they were supposed to be in.

"I suppose we'll just have to guess," Kendall said, shrugging. Each team member hesitantly stepped towards a door.

Matthew scoffed. "I can't believe we're doing this," he said exasperatedly.

"Nor can I." Alex said as she experimentally opened the door closest to her. She took one peek inside and then jerked her head back out, closing the door behind her. "Definitely not my room," she said with a bit of a laugh.

Matthew raised an eyebrow at her. "Honestly, I think that's your room." Alex said, gesturing to Cadel.

"Okay," he said nonchalantly, turning the knob. He took one peek inside and said, "Yup, you're right." With that he went inside and closed the door behind him.

"What was in there?" Ethan asked Alex curiously.

"It was crazy!" She said excitedly, her hands moving wildly in the air. "Captain America himself was in there! And on top of that the room was huge! There was a desk with a computer on it, and then a table on the other side with all these random things on it- I saw a soda can and car tire!"

Matthew nodded approvingly. "They sure know what they're doing." He turned to the door on his right and opened it. Inside he found Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, and a room full of weapons. "Erm…excuse me," he started timidly, "Who's supposed to be in here with you?" he shifted from foot to foot, nervous in the presence of the master assassin.

Natasha smiled at him as she sat up straighter in her chair, and then looked down at the papers strewn in front of her. She knew very well who she was paired with, but she decided to play dumb. "Kendall Lee. Would you please send her in?" Natasha asked with a smile.

Matthew walked away, leaving the door slightly ajar. Natasha could hear murmuring in the hallway. Seconds later, Kendall walked in. She gave one last wave to the team and then shut the door behind her.

"So...I guess we move on?" Matthew said once the door had closed.

After a few more minutes of guessing the remaining three finally sorted themselves out. Ethan found his door next. In his room he found the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist himself, Tony Stark. His room was decked out with a miniature track, some heavy looking weights, and a whiteboard.