Eleven: We Change

March 18 - AsiaWorld Arena, Hong Kong

   As per usual, the last few hours before a show were hectic. We were, more often than not, late. And that called for moody crew and sometimes, band mates.

   Over the span of the last few days, our little group had been full of tension and nervousness - especially the part of the group that was Zayn and Harry. Since everything that happened with Riley, Zayn had been losing his head over here on tour. He'd always want to be on the phone with her and hardly ever slept, thinking of what was going on at home. He had even stopped eating as much. Sometimes we'd have to remind him that eating was an essential part of life. 

   And Harry, although not as stressed out as Zayn, was also in his own little world from time to time. He'd call Hazel almost as much as Zayn called Riley. If they weren't on the phone, they'd be texting. 

   It was strange to me, though, how much communication there was between Harry and Hazel. The last time I asked, they weren't a couple yet. That made me wonder what have been like if they ever were.

   All in all, the On the Road Again Tour had become an almost nightmare. Riley had gotten sick. Sebastian had gotten sick. Zayn and Harry were lovesick. And me? 

   Well, I was homesick. 

   The tour bus seemed to be driving me insane. I was not a fan of it. And I couldn't quite comprehend why anybody was. It was absolute torture. The tiny bathroom. The stopping every other night for concerts. Staying at hotels all over the world. 

   For a newlywed couple or for friends just looking for a good time - this was the ideal setting. But for a two married couples, one pregnant couple, an English man and an Irish man, this was NOT the ideal place to be. 

   "AsiaWorld Arena, boys. You're in Hong Kong! Don't forget!" Our driver, Thomas, called out. He still hadn't gotten over the fact that a few nights ago, Niall had forgotten what country he was even in on stage.

   They all laughed weakly and started to shuffle off of the bus. 

   I followed closely behind Louis with him holding my hand. And then everything else went on as usual. They got ready. Sound checks. Warm ups. General running around. And then - showtime! 

   I loved watching them do their thing on stage. Sometimes, it could get somewhat repetitive, but usually, I'd live for it. Their excitement was contagious. Their happiness was contagious. You could definitely tell that they loved doing what they did. 

   Except, this time, It looked like Zayn wasn't loving it too much. 

   After watching the show from the side of the stage for about half an hour, I already felt tired and had to sit down. Being pregnant made me feel more tired than not, and standing up for long periods of time were a definite no. I wondered for a moment what it might be like further along. I didn't get very far into my first pregnancy, so I didn't really know what it was like.

   As I sat and listened to the concert going on, I slipped my phone out of my back pocket and unlocked it. It felt as though it had been forever since I even used my phone for anything besides checking the time. So I decided I'd text Riley to see how she was doing. It had been a while since I actually spoke to her.

   "Hey! How've you been?" I sent.

   And I waited. And waited. The boys were halfway through singing "Story of my Life" (which was the last song on their set list - apart from the encore) when she replied. 

   "I'm doing mostly okay. How are you, Hannah?"

   "I'm good. At the boy's concert in Hong Kong..." I replied.