The Proclamation

Once upon a time...
Long, long ago, well more like 20 years ago. Belle married her beast in front of 6000 of their closest personal friends, big cake.

So instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms, and voted himself King of the United States of Auradon! He rounded up all the villains, sidekicks, basically all of the interesting people, and booted them off to the Isle of the Lost. With a magical barrier to keep them there, this is my hood. No magic, No WIFI, No way out, or so I thought. Now you're about to meet us, but first this happened...

Over in Auradon Prince Ben stares out of the window looking to the Isle of the Lost, while getting fitted for his coronation. "How is it possible you're getting crowned King next month?" King Beast, Ben's father, declares as he and his wife, Queen Belle, walks into the room. "You're just a baby!"

"He's turning Sixteen dear." Queen Belle responds, to her husband, picking up a jacket off the floor. "Hey Pops." Ben greets.

"Sixteen, that's way to young. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty-two." Belle scoffs and turns to her husband. "You decided to marry me at twenty-eight." "Well it was either you or a teapot." Beast replies, chuckling, winking at his son. "Kidding." Beast adds, upon seeing the look on his wife's face.

"Mom, Dad" Ben begins, he goes to walk towards them- only to be stopped by the tailor. "I've chosen my first, official proclamation." He pauses for effect, but also to gain the courage to tell his parents. "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost, be given the chance to live here in Auradon." Belle gasps and drops the jacket she was holding to the floor.

"Every time I look out to island, I feel like they've been abandoned." Ben says, walking towards his parents.

"The children of our sworn enemies living among us?" Beast clarifies.

"We start out with a few at first, the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben smiles to his parents. Beast steps forward, "Have you?" Belle reaches for her husband's arm to pull him back, "I gave you a second chance." she then turned to her son, "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen..." Ben hesitates, "and Maleficent!" Everyone gasps.

"Maleficent?!" Beast yells "She's the worse villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out here..." He is cut off by Beast's yelling.

"I wont hear of it!" the tailor bows and scurries out of the room. "They are guilty of the most unspeakable crimes!"

"Dad, their children are innocent! Don't you think they deserve a chance at a normal life?" he then calms, "Dad." He says softly.

Beast turns to his wife, and then back to his son. "I suppose the children are innocent." with that he turns to leave the room. Belle walks to her son and straightens his jacket "Well done." and her and Beast leave the room together.

Ben walks back to the window and looks to the Isle, rubbing his ring, hoping he has made the right decision.