The Video Call

Megan's POV:

It has been a few weeks since my date with Alex, and we are still going strong. We have been on many dates and I have been dressing in more dresses recently. Audrey had found out that we were dating, and she did not take it well. She began to ignore Alex, I felt bad but he said that he didn't mind and that she will come around in the end. Mal and Ben have also become happy, I can see that Mal is falling in love, but I have chosen not to mention it.

Right now I am sitting in 'Remedial Goodness 101' in front of Jay and Carlos. Fairy Godmother walk through the middle of the aisle of desks. "Children, excuse me. Um... So as you know, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, um.... distance. We've arranged for a special treat." She then walks back down the aisle to a TV screen, where she presses a button. Up on the screen pops mom's face.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear." mom states, they were obviously having technical difficulties on the other end. Fairy Godmother calls us over, we stand in front of the screen and mom backs away to show us Cruella, Evil Queen and Jafar there too. "Is it.. Is it... Can I please see that remote." mom shouts, getting annoyed. "Is it on? I hate electronics..." They must have got it working because they stop arguing.

"Oh. Evie it's mommy" Evil Queen says and waved to Evie, she returns the wave. "Oh isn't she beautiful. Well you know what they say, 'the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree'."

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Mom retorts.

Cruella then points at the screen, "Who's the old bat?"

Here I speak up, "This is Fairy Godmother."

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" mom asks, with a smirk.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" Fairy Godmother replies, getting angry.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till 1am. I mean, really? What did the hamsters have to get back to their little wheels?" Mom replies, giving a fist-bump to the Evil Queen.

"They were mice. They were not... they were mice."

"Okay, thank you so much." Mal says to the Fairy Godmother, gesturing her to leave. When she left Mal and I step up.

"Hi Mom." we say in unison. Mom gasps "MAL! MEG!" she shouted I jump and grab Jay's hand, he notices my discomfort and gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, "I m-m-m-m-miss you." mom says.

"You children are never far from our thoughts." Jafar says.

"How long must mommy wait to see you?" mom asks.

"There's a big coronation coming up." I start

"So sometime after that." Mal finishes.

"When?" mom asks.

"Friday, 10am" We reply in unison, snapping.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hand on that magic w-" she receives a hit in the head from the Evil Queen, "You, you little nuggets, that I love so much."

"Yes, I understand mother." Mal replies.

Jafar puts his head up to the screen. "Are you two an item? Do I hear wedding bells?" He asks. Mom then looks to mine and Jay's hands, she looks angry.

"No." Jay replies, dropping my hand. Mom looks to me, her eyes turn green and she begins to sign language to me. She says 'You better not be with him. If you are I will personally hunt you down to the ends of the Earth and you will be sorry. But I doubt he loves you, after all who would love a mistake?'