nine

feliz día de reyes ♡ 

i dropped my bag beside a desk and plopped down. there weren't many students, just the usual class clowns. i don't get the point of pissing the teachers off all the time. did they like detention? is that why they kept getting in trouble?

the door bursted open and richard walked in, followed by a guy that i recognized was from the football team. i kept my head low and took my math notebook out. i pretended to be doing my homework so both the teacher and richard would leave me alone. i doodled flowers and hearts on the margins of my notebook, mentally making a note to erase them when i got home.

"is this seat taken?" i heard richard's voice as he sat down beside me. i sighed and kept my attention on the rose i was drawing.

the notebook was ripped away from my hands. i almost yelled at him, but i didn't want to get any more detention. i took a deep breath before finally looking up at him. "do you mind?"

he stared at me for a moment. "yeah. i do, actually."

he was testing my patience and he knew it.

"that email you sent me..."

my eyes widened. he saw it. he fucking saw it. he doesn't know i wrote it in middle school. i want to scream.

"you tease me like that and then play hard to get?" he bit his lip as he not-so-subtly checked me out.

the letter isn't remotely sexual!

okay, it kinda is. in my defense i was on the beginning to discover my sexuality phase and he was my crush at the moment so i got lost in one of those fantasies and decided to write it down. it was nothing bad though, but seemed straight out of a movie. i wrote about wanting to make out with him but being too much of a coward to make a move on him. the last time i edited it was on my freshman year, so... it did get kind of heated at the end.

"why did you tell everyone we got detention for making out in the hallway?" i asked softly.

he shrugged. "i didn't. the guys assumed and i just didn't deny it."

i hummed. "doesn't quite sound like what i heard."

he was about to say something, but the teacher interrupted. "windsor, camacho." she glared at us, then turned back to her phone.

richard handed me my notebook back. i looked at him. "i wrote it two years ago. i didn't even mean to send it..."

he didn't answer. i thought he hadn't even heard me. i went back to doodling on my notebook, but of course i couldn't bear the silence that grew between us and had to open my big mouth again.

"i'm dating zabdiel now, anyways."