Chapter 1

"Those who are weak do not deserve to call themselves my family"

-[M/N] [L/N]

3rd Person P.O.V.

A little boy at the age of 5 look boredly through the window as he waits for his parents and grandfather to finish their conversation.

He sighed, they have been arguing for three minutes now. He couldn't wait any longer and decided to go the the adults.

"Ma padre, è troppo giovane per far parte degli affari di famiglia!" He heard his mother complain. His grandfather pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed "Guarda Mariabella, tuo figlio potrebbe non avere il nome di famiglia ma è ancora parte della linea di sangue. È solo tradizione."

The boy continued to listen to their conversation carefully. "Ma padre, è troppo giovane!" Too young? Tch.

He was about to walk back to his spot by the window until he heard his grandfather's voice "[M/N] puoi uscire adesso, so che stai ascoltando ragazzo" Busted.

He slowly walked out of his hiding place and revealed himself to his parents and grandfather. His grandfather slowly walked to his direction and kneeled down to his height. [M/N] doesn't know what his grandfather will do to him for eavesdropping but he kept his calm composure. His grandfather placed a hand on his sboulder and asked "Ve [M/N]~ you-a do know what is-a the family business-a right?~" The boy only nodded in response.

His grandfather's magenta eyes brighten "Excellent~ Say bambino, do you want-a to take a part-a of it-a?" His grandfather look at the boy's eyes and saw the excitement in them, while his parents were afraid of what may become of their child.

He smirked and stood up. He dusted his clothes and stood up offering a hand to the boy. [M/N] looked at the hand and observed his grandfather well. He was wearing his usual tan WWII Italian brigade uniform and his hat, a tiny but of his throwing knife glimmered in his pocket, his dark brown hair kept in place. There were times were [M/N] was confused of his grandfather's age, as he doesnt seem to. He looked quite like a young adult to be honest.

 He looked quite like a young adult to be honest

(Art not mine)

He took his grandfather's hand making the latter's smirk even wider. His grandfather looked at the boy's parent and said "[M/N] will be staying with me at my manor for a while. I will have some of my men collect his belongings" And with that he left.

Mariabella, the boy's mother, was nervous and fearful for her beloced child. She doesn't want him to be involved in such a cruel business but tradition is tradition. She couldn't do anything about it.

On the other hand, Satsou, the boy's father, could only sigh sadly. He couldn't do anything to change the boy's mind, because when he sets his mind to something, he wouldn't change it until he is satisfied.