Chapter 1

A/N Hey! I don't think anyone is going to read this but this is my first time writing a full fic and I'm just doing it for a bit of festive fun! But let me know if it sucks and I'll try and change that! Hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Sam was fed up.

All those minute long staring sessions. All those moments of silence. All those awkward moments when neither of them knew what to say. All those moments of staring into the deep abyss of each other's eyes. Sam had witnessed them all, and Sam was sick of it.

Sam didn't understand how two people could be so oblivious to a strong bond like that. Dean was still protesting his straightness by picking up girls every saturday night at the local pub. Everytime Sam tried to bring up the subject of his feelings towards the angel, Dean would blush, turn away, and change the subject.

Sam had even asked the angel Gabriel to try and play cupid and get to the bottom of what Cas was feeling. Gabe had come out of that conversation with just about as much information that Sam had before he went in. The two of them both knew that Dean and Cas shared the same feelings for each other, but had no idea how to get them to act on them.

This was a few months ago. Now, time had passed and Christmas was creeping closer and closer. Christmas was a strange time at the bunker. Sam and Dean never really celebrated it, seeing as most of the time they were preoccupied with trying to save the world (again). Their father had never really celebrated christmas with them when they were younger, so the magic of it never really affected them like it did to anyone else, Try as they might, the boys didn't have any feelings to connect with the festive holiday.

This year was different though. Gabe was staying with them this year, due to him hiding from... well pretty much everything at this point. Gabriel loved christmas. No, he didn't just love it, he lived and breathed it. He was the sort of person (or angel) that was counting down to next christmas on the 26th of December. Who wouldn't love a holiday that featured themselves in every story told? Gabe was going to make sure that this christmas at the bunker was a christmas the boys would remember for years to come.

All four of them were gathered around the tree that had somehow made its way inside the bunker, despite it being four times the size of the doorway. Gabriel had collected some decorations, and he and Sam were trying to apply them to the humongous tree that stood in front of them.

"What do you mean you can't reach the top of the tree Sasquatch? Aren't you the tallest moose in existence?" Gabe exclaimed as he watched Sam balance on one leg to try and reach the top, christmas lights wrapped around every inch of his body.

"Well damn Gabe at least I'm trying. I don't see you up here trying to decorate this god-damned tree." Sam glanced over at the other two members of the group to see them, once again, staring into the deep pools of each others eyes. He let out a frustrated groan, and then toppled to the floor, fairy lights and all.

The sound of Sam hitting the floor woke the other two out of their daze. They both shuffled, looked at the ground and then turned to face Gabe, who was untangling Sam from the fairy lights surrounding him.

"Sammy you really need to get those limbs under control" snickered Dean as he watched the knot of fairy lights around his brother tighten as Gabe tried to pull them apart. Cas giggled beside him and Dean felt a warm rush fly through his body as he once again tried to convince himself that he wasn't gay.

"Shut up Dean, do something useful and go get a stepladder with Cas or something" Sam hissed, watching the blush that crept up Dean's face when he mentioned the angel. As soon as they had both left the room, Sam burst.

"Gabe, we need to do something about those two. It's getting unbearable around here" Sam said as he finally broke free from the pile of mangled fairy lights."I think we need to hurry them along, otherwise we'll be stuck in this period of longing forever."

"I think we need new fairy lights" Gabe exclaimed as he held the remains of the mutilated lights in his hands. He looked up at Sam's bitchface and then quickly followed through with "but agreed, something needs to change around here Sasquatch, and Christmas is the perfect time to do it."

Sam was about to ask Gabe what he meant, when Dean and Cas walked in with the stepladder. The two of them realised how close they had been standing throughout their conversation and quickly stepped apart, inducing strange looks from Dean. Cas, oblivious as ever, just smiled.

"Um, our fairy lights are ruined, thanks to Gigantor here-"

"Hey it wasn't just my fault-"

"So we're just going to the store to get some new ones, back in a bit."

And with that, Gabe pushed Sam (with some difficulty) up the stairs and through the bunker door, leaving Cas and Dean confused, in front of a huge christmas tree, holding a stepladder.