Chapter 6

A/N So.... hi! I know it's been about a year since this was updated and I'm sorry for leaving this unfinished. It just felt kind of weird to me if I was writing this xmas fic in the middle of summer or something so I didn't bother. But last weekend I finally got the motivation to finish the story and I'll be uploading the last of the chapters over December. So, let's get right into it! Hope you enjoy, and Merry Christmas!!!

As Christmas crept closer and closer, one thing became clear: something needed to be done about Sam and Gabe's feelings. It had gotten to the point where this morning, Gabe had offered to go for a jog with Sam, something which under normal circumstances he never would have offered.

Dean felt that he had the right to attempt to set them up, due to the less elegant way that they had both schemed to get him and Cas together. However, Dean knew how hesitant Sam was with showing his feelings, due to the way his last relationship with Jess had ended.

Dean knew he couldn't scheme the same way that they had with him (regretfully, he had some brilliant ideas about this that all included them being locked away somewhere for at least an hour). Despite this though, Dean had managed to come up with (what he thought was) an ingenious plan to get Sam and Gabe together.

He shared this idea with Cas as soon as he could. It just so happened that when Gabe had agreed to go jogging with Sam, Cas and him had decided to do some baking in the kitchen. Dean thought there was no better time than this to share his thoughts, they at least had an hour to plan all the smaller details before Sam arrived home looking refreshed, and Gabe arrived home looking sweaty and regretful of his decision.

"Hey Cas" Dean said as he leaned past his boyfriend to grab some eggs. Cas looked up from the recipe book, studying all the details to help them make the perfect cherry pie.

"Yes Dean, is something wrong?" Cas replied, worried that something was up. It wasn't until he caught the smirk on his partner's face that he realised what this conversation was going to be about.

"I know you're just as fed up as I am about Sam and Gabe's unspoken thing" Dean continued "and I've got an idea that'll hopefully put a stop to it." Dean poured the eggs yolks into the mixing bowl and looked up to see Cas looking at him, an intrigued look on his face. Cas put down the recipe book and signalled for Dean to continue, reaching over for the sugar and planting a small kiss on his shoulder on the way back.

"Well, what about we do a Secret Santa, all four of us, but rig it so that Sam and Gabe get each other. Those two saps with jump at the opportunity to anonymously confess their feelings, it might help them along a bit." Dean finished, looking up at Cas to catch his reaction. He was met with a face of confusion.

"How do we keep Santa a secret, Dean? I mean, don't they both know he already exists?" Cas looked puzzled and Dean laughed at the adorable ignorance of his boyfriend. Cas looked even more confused at Dean's laughter, so Dean just pulled him into a kiss, Cas melting into it in an instant.

"Secret Santa is a Christmas game, Cas" Dean explained as he pulled away, reaching for the flour to continue making the pastry. " Everyone gets given a person at random and has to buy a present for them. Then you receive the presents and no-one knows who gave who what present"

Cas' face scrunched up in concentration as he tried to understand the concept of the game. Dean continued making the pie, smiling to himself and thinking about how lucky he was to have such an adorable boyfriend. He didn't know what was going on in Sam and Gabe's minds, but he was sure that it couldn't compare to the affection he felt for his angel.

--In some random park--

Gabe was pretty sure he was on the verge of death, if it was possible to die yet again.

Sam was practically sprinting compared to Gabe's feeble jog, and the tall man was always at least 3 humongous leaps in front of him.

Not that Gabe minded the view from back here.

Sam's waving hair look magnificent from behind sure, thought Gabe, but it was his sports leggings that caught his eye. They just did wonders for his-

"Come on Gabe, I'm not even jogging that fast anymore" Sam shouted from his position in front, dragging Gabe out of his thoughts.

"It's not my fault that you're the fastest Moose known to man" Gabe panted, now sprinting to try and catch up.

--Back at the Bunker--

Dean and Cas had finally managed to get the pie in the oven, not without multiple food fights resulting in them both being covered in flour, cherries and every other ingredient used in this damn pie. Dean had further explained his idea to Cas, and had finally convinced the angel that this was the best way to move the two useless lovers towards admitting their feelings.

Satisfied with their plan and their work in the kitchen, the two left to have a shower. The cleaning up could wait for later, perhaps for when they told Sam and Gabe their new festive plans.