My Own Foolish Act

• Dedicated to The Band of Pentatonix

Kirstie

The air was filled with hostile and doubt when she spoke the sentence outloud. Damn her own mouth, if she's not a loose-lips person and a mobile dictionary, she'd have not told them. Scott, Mitch and Kevin stood solid with their eyes fixed on her. Kirstie noticed how Avi's pupils widened in shock and the calm amber lights coming from the chandelier ontop of them was refracted away, which made his eyes looked like a bunch of broken glasses shaped together into a tad picture of a pair of green eyes.

In her damage assessment list, maybe Avi was on the top. And that, made her felt guilty and hurt, but Kirstie pushed the thought away as soon as it came into her mind. She has no businesses with Avriel Kaplan and vice versa, why would Avi, or Kirstie herself, cared about the feelings of the opposite?

Ridiculous.

"Who?" Avi insisted, his eyes burned in a faux aura of hurt, rage and jealous, like someone has ignited the beautiful picture of the pair of eyes. His voice was like the deepest pitch she has ever heard him spoke aloud. Everyone shuddered at the hostility within his voice.

"Uh..." She stammered.

"Who?" He growled, his face was white as paper and there's absolutely no emotion on his face.

"Someone that I've met...?" She spoke truthfully, not all the truth, but that's about half of it.

"...and you agreed to go out with him?" Scott squeezed in, took side with Avi.

"That's irresponsible Kirstie." Mitch also took side with Avi and she took a step back, eyes widened in surprise.

"This is my life we're talking about or yours?" Her face twisted into a frown.

"How long have you met him?" Scott challenged and she opened her mouth to speak, to not came up with something afterward.

"I knew it, no later than a week, am I right?"

"I AM responsible for my personal life and you all have no voices whatsoever in this kind of topic!" She was taken a back and really started to shout right now, everyone within the lobby turned around and looked at them with curiosity.

"We just suggested you about what's best for you." Mitch deadpanned.

"Oh right, you took sides now?" Kirstie crossed her arms, the lobby and the boys started to get blur as tears built up into a wall on her eyes.

"No we're not." Scott said.

The inner of her chest exploded with anger, anguish, disappointment and shock. A few minutes ago she was in a weird euphoria and her best friends were still happy but now, there was nothing but blind rage and a wall built out of negative feelings barricaded between the only girl in the band and all the boys.

Kirstie gnashed her teeth and blurted out as soon as she felt that the first hot tear is going to fell down her cheek: "I don't feel so good."

She turned on her heels and strode toward the elevator, punched her floor number with excessive force and the sight of the lobby disappeared as the metal door slid close.

The first tear rolled down her cheek and she leaned her head against the metal wall of the elevator with the same manner like how she did yesterday, only this time with a shattered heart.

What's the cost of a boyfriend and her best friends?

*****************************************

Avi

He was still shocked and watched in frustration as Kirstie slim figure disappeared behind the metal door of the elevator.

"Fuck." He swore.