Tetratonic

• Dedicated to Avriel Benjamin Kaplan

The next time she opened her eyes was... different.

Instead of the dark, there were lights all over the room. From both the ceiling lights and the bright morning sun which was casting amazing and illusional beams of yellow lights through the windows. For a moment, she has no idea of where she was nor why she was here. She remembered Avi and their midnight chats, but everything from the past to her was covered behind a thick curtain of mystery. And also, she heard conversations and slowly recognized Mitch, Scott, Kevin, Esther and Avi's voices.

"Did they found the bastard?" She heard Avi asked. Who?

"No, they said he disappeared before they could catched him. It was too dark plus..." Mitch paused a bit. "Kirst was injured and that woman..." The Queen stopped mid-sentence and it all came back to her like a brick.

She was attacked and almost murdered, almost has the same fate like that girl. She remembered the leather belt tightened on her neck, the fire in her lungs and the adrenaline rush. The sneered of the perpetrator and the unresistable feelings of Death's hands slowly pulled her away to the other end of the world. Her stressed heart squinted and the pain on her neck was doubled. Kirstie can't open her eyes and she felt disoriented and insecurity, what if the man came back again for her?

"Fuck. But it seemed like the cops came in before us though," Esther swore and said.

She heard Scott's voice: "They said they got an anonymous call, but it came from a man and didn't sounded like the voice was computerized. He knew about Kirst and reported exact location of the alley."

She heard the rest mmmh... in thought before Kevin spoke: "Did they track it?"

"They've tried but the Police Department dismissed the case before they could tried anything. But they knew that it came from America and a government agency, but they didn't know which." Scott said.

"Government? The government knew Kirst?" Avi spoke up with his voice filled with surprise.

"I don't know either, but the answer is right over there." She heard Scott said and knew that he was pointing at her.

Her head hurted from all the thinking. She... didn't know anyone from the government nor interacted with the government before, so... what truly happened?

Kirstie then opened her eyes. She saw a tiny glint of the hospital room she was in but she felt like her vision, already 13/20 from... excessive use of computer degraded down to 2/20. It was all a blur and her eyes felt like it has been left in the sun for far too long to the point of being dried up.

"Can she sing?" Mitch asked suddenly.

"I don't know, I haven't asked the doctor yet, but from what I'm seeing right now, it didn't look good." Scott said grimly. "I think we have to cancel the Europe tour."

"They'll understand, health come first, right?" Kevin spoke and they all laughed.

Her vision reset itself and she could see the room much clearer. Everyone seemed like they haven't noticed her yet and kept on talking: "I'm concern about her," She saw Avi. He looked much more relax than yesterday but nonetheless there still bags under his eyes. The Bass was wearing his normal attire, a simple blue t-shirt, black jeans and probably sneakers. No beanie, surprisingly.

"We are all concern about her." Esther said and she saw them shrugged.

"The doctors said she wouldn't be stable after the incident and would developed... phobias." He said. Nice Kaplan, I'm already scared out of my mind right now. She mentally scolded him.